Exsultet, short form, in Latin?
  • JoAnna
    Does anyone have the Exsultet, short form, in Latin, with chant? I found the text for the short form in the 2002 Missale Romanum, but it does not have the chant with it. So at this point I have copied and pasted bits and pieces from the long form, but a single, clean version would be really nice.
  • MatthewRoth
    Do you mean without the parts sung by the deacon? Or is there yet a third form with which I am unfamiliar?

Anyways, here is the whole thing, since it is coming closer to Easter and people may want it. Note what Chonak said, but you are within your rights to sing “tecum”: the deacon at St. Peter’s does. Exsultet in Latin
    Thanked by 1JoAnna
  • JoAnna
    It doesn't have to be without the deacon's parts, those are easy enough to skip. But it's not so easy to sing the short form using the long form; it's not just a matter of skipping parts, some are in a different order. I will attach the copy and paste job I did using the text of the short form and copying from the long form.
  • JoAnna
    MatthewRoth, I think I did not answer your question. Yes, there is another short form that is more different than just omitting the deacon's parts. There are several places in the short form where parts of the long form are omitted OR are slightly rearranged. Both forms are in the Roman Missal (p.347, long form; p.357, short form) and the Missale Romanum (p.208, long form; 210, short form); my difficulty was finding Latin w/music. For some reason the RM has music but the MR doesn't. Hope that clarifies.
  • MatthewRoth
    Huh. The clarification helps.

Well, both the option and the fact the MR lacks music are stupid (sorry, that isn't meant to be difficult towards your situation, since it is what it is, but it’s more minimalism and optionitis). That might explain why the Vatican does what it does: it might be in the Ordo Cantus Missae.
  • chonakchonak
    ICEL's web site has longer and shorter versions:
    http://www.icelweb.org/musicfolder/openmusic.php
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen