Polyphony links posted - Colloquium
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    Want to start practicing now?

I have posted links for all polyphonic music that is not under copyright at the MS site.

Repertory Tab
    List of Repertory by Choir
    Please note: the polyphonic repertory is near the bottom of the list.
    Music Downloads for Colloquium 2015 (newly produced for the Colloquium)

We will also be posting choral tracks for the Kwasniewski motet, O Passio Magna later today, so watch for this update on the site.

Janet.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • BruceL
    Janet, I may be mistaken, but the link to Faure seems to be broken on the Google Docs link.
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    If you're referring to the Faure requiem, it's completely available on IMSLP for free as well.
  • BruceL
    CK, the issue is that we want to be sure we're all working from the same edition...
    Yes, that makes sense to me now.
  • BenBen
    Is there a PDF of the main music book this year? I plan to use it on my tablet again, as I have in past years.

I'm not finding it, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
    OK... I uploaded the Faure version we're using to the MS site instead of pointing to cpdl. I'll change to this link on other locations on the site as well. Thanks, Bruce.

http://musicasacra.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Faure_Requiem_VS_PML.pdf
    Ben... we're pedaling as fast as we can :) Hopefully the full music book will be up on the site within the next couple of days. We're proofing it now.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • BenBen
    That's fine by me! I don't need it now, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it.
    Links to the audio files are on the "Music Downloads" page:
    http://musicasacra.com/music/colloquium-2015/

Richard has all the links posted for O Passio Magna... enjoy.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Wish I could be at the Colloquium! Am reveling in all this wonderful music. Dr. Kwasnieski's piece is superb, and the Amen in particular is simply splendidiferous.

Kudos on the choice of Mass III for a chanted ordinary; our schola is just now learning it, too. I esp. like the Gloria and Sanctus which sound quite contemporary.

I'm very happy to have discovered Byrd's O quam suavis. That will be fun for us to work on this summer. Even if we can't be with you all there in Pittsburgh, we'll be singing with you in spirit.

My goodness, the Byrd is sublime! I'm also quite envious that the Colloquium is singing Faure's Requiem. I've always wanted to do it. There are also a couple of baritone solos (hey that's me!), but I'm not sure if I would want to be responsible for those at this point in my vocal development, not sure I'm ready to do that; they're still there though!
  • kevinfkevinf
    Truthfully, I am dissapointed to see the Faure as it is performed a lot (including my own performance last November). I would have hoped for something more difficult like Pizzetti or Durufle or something else.
    I would also second the Durufle.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen dad29
  • G
    Dr. Kwasnieski's piece is superb, and the Amen in particular is simply splendidiferous.

I'm thinking that may be the deciding factor for me :oD

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • BruceL
    Durufle, in my opinion, would be a nightmare to put together in the amount of rehearsal time provided. In addition, I don't think CMAA has the $1,000,000 that should be paid to the accompanist for playing it! ;)
  • kevinfkevinf
    Ha,ha about the Durufle. I once learned it in 2 and half weeks...a nightmare but I did manage. But you are right, it is not easy.

My comment was that insofar as to sing things that one does not get to sing in an ordinary situation. I realize that that is VERY relative and I sound elitist. Je confesse a Dieu tout-puissant....

Thanked by 1BruceL
  • JDE
    The Pizzetti is way more involved than the Duruflé, especially given that the Pizzetti is a cappella, and the Sanctus is SSAA.TTBB.TTBB . . . still, I would love to sing it. Seems like everybody could study it before coming to the Colloquium, right?
  • ChoirpartsChoirparts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMTHqmyHZI

PS: Hope to hear and record angelic voices at St Paul's Cathedral
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    I've sung the Faure Requiem before; it's fun. Next year when I'm there - God willing - my vote is for Stanford. :)