• aphanaphan
    Hello every body,
    I am new in this forum.
    I am french gregorien choirmaster.
    My english is very very poor so i invoke your patience for understanding me.
    I am a regular reader of MUSICA SACRA web site which i appeciate very much.
    My website www.gregorien-en-paroisse.org

Thanks
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • chonakchonak
    Pas de problème. Notre connaissance de français sera pire que votre anglais. Bienvenue!
    :-)
  • dhalkjdhalkj
    How many people in the choir? Do you sing at a mass every week? Where?
  • kevinfkevinf
    Bienvenue aphan. Quelle ville habitez-vous? Le nom d'eglise? Combien des chanteurs a la chorale?

• aphanaphan
    Bonjour aux francophones
    J'habite en banlieue ouest de paris
    Je suis chez de chieur de deux petits chœur grégorien
    1. à Sèvres à la paroisse St Romain Sèvres (92). Une dizaine de messes grégorienne par an fixées en début d'année par le curé.
    2 l'autre à la Collégiale de Poissy (78) un chœur essentiellement de femmes et deux hommes dont moi-même. Nous y chantons d'une façon régulière une messe par mois, au deuxième dimanche du mois, à 9h30.
    Par ailleurs je dirigeais aussi la schola St-Maur qui intervenait à Saint-Quentin-Les-Sources (78 toujours). Mais depuis 3 ans nous y sommes plus. Le nouveau curé nous a remerciés. Et la Schola St-Maur, faute de recrutements et d'engagements précis, a été en stand-bye.
    Une fois par an aussi je dirige une messe à la Chapelle Royale du Château de Versailles (78). Nous sommes souvent entre 20 et 30 choristes que je rassemble pour l'occasion de divers chorales grégoriennes de Paris et région Ouest parisienne. La prochaine messe sera celle de la Solennité de tous les Saints, le dimanche 1/11/2015 à 17h30. Si vous êtes passé par là, vous serez très bienvenu.
    Notre support : Graduel Triplex de Solesmes à qui je dois une grande partie de ma formation comme chef de chœur.
    Voila j'espère avoir répondu à vos questions.
    J'ai créé depuis 3 ans un site web www.gregorien-en-paroisse.org
    Si vous pouviez traduire mon texte pour les visiteurs du forum qui comprennent pas bien ou pas du tout le français. Merci
    Antoine Phan
  • francis
    Here is a google translate... not sure how accurate this is, but some of the translation is... well... very funny... and sounds similar to situations I have been in myself.

Hello Francophone
    I live in the suburbs west of Paris
    I am in pain in the ass of two small Gregorian choir
    1. in Sèvres in the parish of St Romain Sèvres (92). Ten Gregorian Masses per year set earlier this year by the priest.
    2 the other to the Collegiate Poissy (78) choir mainly women and two men including myself. We sing on a regular basis a Mass per month, on the second Sunday of the month at 9:30.
    Furthermore I also headed the choir St-Maur, who was speaking in Saint-Quentin-les-Sources (78 forever). But for 3 years we are more there. The new parish priest thanked us. And the Schola St-Maur, failing recruitment and undertakings, was on stand-bye.
    Once a year I also led a Mass at the Royal Chapel of Versailles (78). We are often between 20 and 30 singers that I collect for the occasion of various Gregorian choirs from West Paris and the Paris region. The next Mass will be that of the Solemnity of All Saints, Sunday, 11.01.2015 at 17:30. If you been there, you will be very welcome.
    Our support: Gradient Triplex Solesmes to whom I owe much of my training as a choral conductor.
    Here I hope that answers your questions.
    I created 3 years www.gregorien-en-paroisse.org a website
    If you could translate my text for the forum visitors who misunderstand or no French. Thank you
  • kevinfkevinf
    Cher Antoine,

Trés belle site. Beaucoup d'information.

Felicitations,
    Kevin (mon epouse est français.)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    (mon epouse est français.)

Hence your affection for all things "bourbon?" ;-)
  • kevinfkevinf
    @melo: C'est possible. Mais elle vraiment aime du vin.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • aphanaphan
    Du vin de quelle région de France?
    Sans être indiscret, elle est originaire de quelle région, votre épouse ?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I took French for 10 years and have no clue what is going on
  • kevinfkevinf
    I told melo that my wife (who is from France) likes wine. Antoine asked what part of France my wife is from and what wine does she like.

@Antoine, mon epouse est né vers Lille (Nord pas de Calais). On aime bordeaux.
    (in English: my wife was born near Lille (the north of France). We like bordeaux.
  • francis
    tnx kevin.

is the part about a "pain" from google a correct translation?
  • kevinfkevinf
    No,not at all.
  • Cantus67Cantus67
    Greetings from Denver CO USA, I have a bunch of music resources for both EF and OF masses that you are most welcome to use. More and more my own choir has asked for 3 part pieces that are simple and beautiful so I've found myself working on performance editings of Dufay and Josquin 3 part pieces. There are also a few simpler 2 part and 3 part pieces from Palestrina and other renaissance composers. I'll share everything that I have. Please feel free to ask for anything and I'll see if I have it. As of right now I don't have a complete list of all compositions but that will come in time.

Oh and I'm very much into collaborations with anyone else who would wish to share resources.

R
  • JDE
    Here's my translation (keeping in mind that I haven't had a French class since 1982).

Hello French speakers!

I live in a suburb west of Paris. I am choir director of two small Gregorian chant choirs.

1. Parish of St. Romain Sèvres in Sèvres (92)
    [92 is the postal code]. [We sing] ten Gregorian Masses a year, chosen by the Curé at the beginning of the year.

2. The other choir is at the College of Poissy (78), mostly women with two men including myself. We sing the 9:30 Mass there somewhat regularly on the second Sunday of the month.
    [Translator's note: Here is a link to their Web site: http://paroisse-poissy-78.catholique.fr/spip.php?article443 ]

I used to direct the schola St-Maur which sang at St-Quentin-les-Sources (78), but for the last three years, we are no more. The new pastor let us go, and the Schola, lacking recruitment and engagements, went on standby.

Once a year I also direct a Mass at the Royal Chapel of the Castle of Versailles (78)
    [as if anyone needs to be told where Versailles is!!!]. We are often as many as 20 to 30 singers that I put together from various Gregorian ensembles in Paris and the area west of Paris. Our next Mass is on the Solemnity of All Saints, Sunday, 1 November at 5:30 p.m. If you happen to be passing by, you are most welcome to attend! Our support: The Graduale Triplex from Solesmes, to which I owe a great deal of my formation as a choir director.

There! I hope I have answered your questions.

Three years ago, I created a Web site, http://www.gregorien-en-paroisse.org/.

Please translate my text for those forum visitors who don't speak French very well, or not at all.

Thanks!
    Antoine Phan
  • ronkrisman
    is the part about a "pain" from google a correct translation?

It appears that aphan has TWO typos in that sentence: chez, instead of chef; and chieur, instead of choeur.

je suis chef de choeur = I'm the choirmaster
  • quilisma
    Bonjour Antoine,

I direct a Gregorian schola at the Basilica of St. Sernin in Toulouse. There are a number of Gregorian choirs in Toulouse - 3 or 4 by my reckoning. The Institut Catholique de Toulouse runs Gregorian sessions and the Conservatoire also has a medieval music group.

On the weekend of the 13/14th June, a pilgrimage of Gregorian singers from the south-west of France is organised in Lourdes. We will be singing at 2 morning Masses (EF @ 9am in the upper basilica and OF @ 11.15am in the Rosary basilica) and singing Vespers of the Sacred Heart in the Parish Church at 5.15pm, in the presence of the Bishop of Tarbes-Lourdes, Mgr Brouwet.

If anyone from the MusicaSacra forum happens to be there, you are welcome to join us.

We have a website for the pilgrimage: www.spesnostra.fr (in French).
    If all goes well, we will do it again next year and maybe try extend coverage to the whole of France.....(and the year after...to the world!)

J'avais déjà pris conaissance de votre site internet il y a un peu du temps. Il est très bien fait et je crois qu'il faut que je puise un peu plus les informations que vous avez mis à notre disposition.

Bien à vous.

Ashley Payton a.k.a. quilisma
  • OraLabora
    Bienvenue, je suis choriste francophone du Choeur Grégorien de Sherbrooke (une petite ville perdue au Québec), et membre et ancien directeur de l'Institut Grégorien du Canada.
    Thanked by 2canadash aphan
  • Jani
    All this French is giving me a headache. Welcome anyway, aphan :)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Jani, Der Herrn, unser Gott, will Sie mit deiner Kopfkrankheit helfen.
    Wellkommen, aphan!

(Yeesh, with all the bad pub the German cabal's getting lately, I fear guilt by association!)
    Thanked by 2Jani Jeffrey Quick
  • MatthewRoth
    Bienvenue !

J’ai étudié français aussi et je viens de retourner aux États-Unis après dix jours en France et 122 jours en Europe. Merci pour votre travail pour l’église catholique en France.
  • Jani
    If my mother, full-blooded Kraut that she was, had done her job and taught me deutsch, I wouldn't have had to look that up...'twas most amusing. Heh.
    Thanked by 1canadash