Alleluja Confitemini - Help needed
  • Dear colleagues, our schola has to sing the Mass on the Friday after Ascension (Novus Ordo), found in Graduale Triplex (GT), p. 239. There is an Alleluja (Tone VIII) with the verse Confitemini Domino (Ps. 117). Since I did not want to photocopy GT, I looked for the same chant in the older books like Vaticana or GT (1961), but I did not found any. The Ordo cantus Missae was not helpful either, just mentioning "alternative" melody. 'Alternative' is obviously meant in respect to the one on teh Easter Vigil with teh same text. Do you know, has this particular melody ever been published in any chant books 1903–1961, or was it taken from some manuscript and put into the square notation just after the liturgical reform? Thanks in advance for any help.
  • Hello again. I found it. The 'alternative melody' of Alleluja V. Confitemini, mentioned in the Ordo cantus Missa is, of course, in the Vatican edition (1908), p. 240. In contrast, GR 1961, p. 282, and LU (1961), p. 841-842, both lack this Allelja, but instaed offer two different Allelujas with verses Propitious esto and Exsultabo. Does anybody know when the Rogation Mass was changed? Was this a work of the reform commission under Pius XII or at some time before?
  • JonathanKKJonathanKK
    The non-triplex Graduale 1974 is online here.
    Thanked by 1Andris Amolins
  • BenBen
    Also here, with PDF bookmarks for easy navigation.
  • Thank you. Since it is in the Vaticana, there is no legal problems any more. The question then remains about the reform of the Rogation Mass I never heard before. Compare the respective formularies here and http://media.musicasacra.com/pdf/missale62.pdf.