Accompanist Needed, Rifle Required
  • At least that's how I read it at first.
  • me too! I mean I know americans have a different take on guns thn we do, but, I thought 'has it come to that?' I'm glad I was not the only one.
    Thanked by 1Gavin
  • Yes, I saw that the same way at first. I'm not a bad shot, but I wasn't sure how that would help me in church.
  • I don't know. I can think of a few times when not being a bad shot might have come in handy. Probably good that I live in a country with strict gun control laws.
    Thanked by 1Salieri
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Would hate to sing any wrong notes with that accompaniest!
  • My church is in a "safe" town that borders one of the most dangerous parts of my hometown, so naturally some of the bad spills over into the good. The director and myself keep the building locked down if it's just the two of us ladies there, and any bump or creak makes us jump. I live in what most people would consider a dangerous neighborhood, but in the context of others in the city is very safe. Yes, this accompanist will shoot, although I don't have my CCW permit yet, hoping to save $ to get it.
  • BenBen
    A handgun would be much better than a rifle for the situation. The console could make a rifle difficult to correctly handle.
  • ghmus7
    Sometimes this forum just blows me away.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
  • Who needs a rifle, when you have a Bombarde stop?
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen bonniebede
  • stulte
    Ready! Fire! Aim!
  • A surprising number of this group packs. And I don't mean clothes in a bag for a trip.
    Thanked by 2JonLaird ghmus7
  • JonLaird
    Who needs a Bombarde, when you have a 128' Earthquake stop?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wpn7xyzUqg
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CharlesW
    I would agree that the soprano is a wild, impetuous, and untamable beast given to fits of fancy, drama and general excess. However, I have not needed heavy weaponry, so far. I have a wicked Schantz 3-rank-mixture that can at least drown out the beasts, that is, until next summer when it gets revoiced as a much softer 2-rank mixture. May need the weapon then. ;-) Has anyone read the Liturgical Mysteries? The organist keeps a gun in the console for, he says, shooting rats in the choir loft. He didn't mention firing on the sopranos. LOL.
  • TCJ
    There have been times when I've felt that I needed a rifle. I'd probably use it to pick off people's smart phones.
    Thanked by 2CharlesW CHGiffen