Any carol collections for men's choir?
  • I'd like to get some guys at the seminary together to learn carols, singing them in harmony. I could reinvent the wheel by hand-making a collection of carols in 3- or 4-parts for equal voices, but there just has to be something like this out there already gratis.

(Yes, I'm looking at CPDL already, but nothing just yet.)

If not, I'll try to make something, and I'll be of course be happy to share it here.
  • SalieriSalieri
    I know that Oxford University Press has some, but, obviously, they aren't free.

There is a supplemental book for the old Pius X Hymnal for mens' voices that has some Christmas music in it, but it probably isn't in public domain yet.
  • From the "New Book of Old Hymns", the two voice classic Veni Veni Emmanuel (or my edition here).
  • rogue63
    http://www.christmascarolmusic.org/Index_of_Titles.html

Great collection. Some harmonizations better than others. A few weird text-proofing issues. But it's free!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • ghmus7
    There is a book of Christmas hymns arranged for ttbb by Ralph vaughn williams - very nice.
    as well, I have a large list, email me and I will be happy to let you know
    ghmus7@hotmail.com
  • Thank you all.

GHMUS7: Believe it or not, I sent you an e-mail once I saw your offer from ages ago, archived on another thread on this forum! Thank you for renewing the offer.
  • Here's a version of In the Bleak Midwinter. (Pardon the last measure --- Noteflight apparently doesn't fix that, at least as of March 2014.)
  • I figure if I keep posting this every year, somebody might do it: my medieval-sounding setting of the chant, Ecce nomen Domini Emmanuel, in both TTB and SSA versions.
  • haha... I'll try to sing it with raucous abandon with my small SSA choir :) Thanks Richard!
  • New challenge --- the choir is small and not terribly strong.

Any two-part arrangements, especially of Christmas carols found in the Lumen Christi hymnal (that is, the 1975 Liturgy of the Hours?) I found a nice little Veni, Veni Emannuel in these forums and am curious about any others.
  • ghmus7
    Awesome Richard! I can promise a serious look for next year!
  • If of interest, a two-part "God rest ye merry, gentlemen." Suggestions happily accepted.