Winter Chant Intensive - Phoenix
  • donr
    I am very excited about the Winter Chant intensive and plan on being there.
    I did not get a chance to go to the Colloquium so this will be a great opportunity for me.

looking forward to meeting some of you out there.

How many are coming this year?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I'll be there!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Ben
  • I would love to be there, and it's a hop, jump, and a skip for me since I live in SD... but I work in an EF parish, and we celebrate the Epiphany on Jan. 6. Boo hoo! Schedulers!

:)
  • Matthewj, you have no "choice" since you are the host.

MACW, the WCI is customarily scheduled around the OF's celebration of Epiphany (week before or week after). Makes for a nice retreat after that busy season and gets one ready for the next.

I would love to attend this one and make it three out of the last five years (Charleston and New Orleans). I don't even have the widow's mite in my pocket right now and am grappling with a bigger issue. All I can do is hold out hope.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Well, Ron, if I go....and if I swing thru Utah.....I'll give you a lift and we'll camp out in Occupy Phoenix, aka MJM's guest suite.
  • donr
    For all those out East, Phoenix has most beautiful weather in January. I decided to move here after living in WI for 30 years. I moved in January (just saying).
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    LOL donr. Phoenix in December, January, February must be rather like Wisconsin or Minnesota in June, July, August ... bearable. It's the other nine months of the year that get to you! :-)
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • donr
    Only difference is in June, July and August is very humid in WI and MN. In Dec, Jan and Feb the Humidity is very low and temps are awesome 50 - 60's sometimes 70's. You really can't beat it unless your in San Diego.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I love the weather here year 'round! January is lovely, but I'm only ever really comfortable in the triple digits.
  • BenBen
    Agreed, Chuck. September in WI is the greatest thing. 60-70 degrees. Just glorious.
  • ryandryand
    Matthew wears a suit in triple digits. In the loft.
  • I love the weather here year 'round! January is lovely, but I'm only ever really comfortable in the triple digits.

You still must be thawing from all your years in the Great White North.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    True story.