What I like about...
  • Kathy
    this forum is how a lot of times you have no earthly idea what the post is about from the title.

I find this serendipitous.

Your mileage may vary but that's how it works for me.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    I love all the twists and turns a conversation on this forum takes, but maybe that's because I often like taking the "scenic route" when I'm driving. I'm not the type that likes to get from Point A to Point B in the most efficient, utilitarian way possible. If I've got the time, I always like to get off the beaten path and find a new way to get to my destination.

Once in a while here on Long Island I've ended up in some strange wooded jungle-like places, but the island is so narrow, you can almost always get back on a main road very easily, although It would be nice to have Chonak around on those occasions to get me back on track. : )
    Thanked by 1M. Jackson Osborn
  • kenstb
    Julie, I completely understand your point about winding up in some interesting places. It has happened to me on Long Island quite a bit. I would differ from you with regard to some of the threads going off on tangents only because I am unable to peruse them often enough to recognize the conversation when I return.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Yes, you can easily end up in a swamp if you're not careful up on the north shore, isn't it true, and then there's no place to turn around.

And you're right: to use a knitting metaphor, it does take time to untangle a forum thread once it gets knotted up, but if you have the time, the extrication process is kind of fun.

All in all, thought, it's probably best to keep the meandering threads to a minimum which is what I'm assuming this thread is all about, since I kind of forgot what the point of all this was. : )
  • canadashcanadash
    And you're right: to use a knitting metaphor, it does take time to untangle a forum thread once it gets knotted up, but if you have the time, the extrication process is kind of fun

Don't know about the USA, or Europe, but here in Canada, ripping out mistakes is called "frogging."
  • SalieriSalieri
    I have to say that the people here are some of the most interesting and funny people I know. If only we could all get together once a year and have a drink. O wait, we already do!
    Thanked by 2Gavin JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    "Frogging"--- I like that, even though it sounds like something you'd do in a swamp, to return to the swamp theme.
    Thanked by 1kenstb
  • Jani
    Would be better if we could meet more often. I knew NO ONE in 2013, 'cept that Carl looks just like his picture; who knows when I will get to another Colloquium?!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • How about live streaming next years colloquium?
  • tomjaw
    What about us outside those United States!

Anyway Google search works very well with this forum, so the detours not do cause any problem.
  • chonakchonak
    People outside the US often attend the Colloquium: Canadians, Britons, occasionally an Aussie.

Some colloquium events were live-streamed in Salt Lake City without any action on our part: the diocese runs an online radio station and they put some of our Masses and lectures from the Cathedral on the feed.
    Thanked by 2tomjaw bonniebede
  • 'Frogging' is rather universal among English-speaking needleworkers. On the other hand, my choir men use 'frogging' for days when 'the frog is in residence in the larynx' and 'not cooperating.'
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • Carl DCarl D
    Jani, I'm not sure whether that's a compliment or an insult! Nobody ever likes their own picture.
  • Jani
    It's a nice picture Carl, but you look younger in real life :)