Corpus Christi Sequence
  • donr
    There have been a few conversations on this forum about the sequence for this week and a lot of English Translation have been provided.
    However the new translation text has not been provided with music.

Does anyone have one with the new text or am I making it up.

I have finally got permission to sing it this year but my pastor wants it in English and with new text.
  • chonakchonak
    I'm not sure there is really a new translation; my old and new hand missals have the same text.

If your parish uses missalette psalms from one of the big publishers, you may find a setting of the sequence in the psalm book. At my job church, we're using WLP's. It's just a psalm-tone-like setting, so it's kind of minimal, but since we have not been doing sequences at all, it's a step forward.
  • MarkThompson
    However the new translation text has not been provided with music.

The sequences are not found in the missal but in the lectionary, which has not been re-translated to date.
  • donr
    Ok great thanks guys.
  • We are singing all 24 verses, alternating men and women of the schola. Then the last four verses, starting at "Ecce panis", will be sung by the Choristers. Exciting stuff!

And about 10 minutes long... have yet to time it.
    Thanked by 1Cantus67
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    . . . and the Gradual and Alleluia aren't short either so that's a lot of chanting. It's like a marathon. : )