Houston people?
  • Ally
    I would love to get in touch with anyone on the forum who is in Houston, TX. My family will be moving there at the end of July, I have accepted a new position that I am very excited about. I'd love to hear more about parishes to check out, things to do, schools, best neighbourhoods, etc, and meet other people with the same interests in music in the area.
    Please PM me.
    Thanks!
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    :)
  • BenBen
    Also, if you message her, Houston people, tell her to come back here.
    Thanked by 2Ally irishtenor
  • Ally
    Well, I should mention that I will be sad to leave the wonderful people of Wisconsin, especially irishtenor and Ben, who've been a joy to pray, sing, and work with. So if anyone is considering the move to Wisconsin, there are people making good music, and progress is being made!
    Thanked by 2Ben irishtenor
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    I used to live in Houston. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I also have family there, so if I don't know the answer I'll find out. Where in Houston are you moving?
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I think Jackson (MJO) and Gavin are both Houstonians.
  • GavinGavin
    I and MJO (and a few others, whom I shan't "out" without their permission) are indeed in the Houston area.

Ally, inbox me and we'll chat. Glad to have you here!
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • I have PMed you.
    Thanked by 1Ally
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Gavin and Jackson,
    I trust you realize my intent was not "out you," but to extol or praise you as exempalary musicians in Houston. You both have often mentioned your locality here.
    Charles
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Do your parents know you live in Texas?
  • A Good and Clever question, Adam!
    Alas! My parents brought me here when I was a hapless seven-year-old (and I still don't like it!), (nor did anyone ever mistake me for one of the natives).

There is a bumper sticker that one occasionally sees around here, to the effect that 'I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could'. Well, if they had a bumper sticker that said 'I was brought here as a child and have been trying to get out ever since', I would buy it, even though I don't stick stickers on my auto-mobile car.
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood CHGiffen
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I've been telling my parents its just a phase.
  • SalieriSalieri
    Perhaps you should start a support group?
  • GavinGavin
    I aim for some level of anonymity. You never know what weirdos are out there (or here...) I don't mind that, with enough research and stalking, anyone can find out whatever they want to know about me. I just try not to do the legwork for them.