Parking at the Colloquium
  • TCJ
    Since this question is kind of lost in the Random Discussion, I'll give it its own thread.

Does anyone know of an alternative to parking at the hotel to avoid the $8/day fee? I think someone mentioned that the Episcopal church had free parking, but I would hesitate to use that unless some of the classes are held there. Is there anything else within walking distance (10 minutes or so)?
  • BenBen
    I would also like to know, as I will be driving if I don't catch a local carpool.
  • Let me check into this.
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    I think there are some free parking areas close to downtown, but it may be farther than a 10 minute walk: most everything that is even somewhat convenient has an associated fee. The lowest I've seen is a maximum of $5 for parking at one of the garages near the Convention Center.

I think that the city website has links to this, but I found my information by performing a Google search for free parking Indianapolis.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I recommend the front lawn of Motyka's home.
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood Ben
  • BenBen
    Then we could pile into his car to get from his house to the hotel.
  • G
    Wear your clown costumes.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • I recommend the front lawn of Motyka's home.

My landlady probably wouldn't be happy with that, seeing as she and her husband just re-seeded it two days ago. Then again, it has snowed since then.

I'm willing to drive anyone that needs driving as long as you're okay with living with three child seats in the back (and more than likely a screaming baby or gabbing young 'un).
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Send me a personal message if you'd like to carpool. I'd be more than willing to pick people up.