Calling all Organists: Move to Phoenix
  • Today I lost my organist at the Cathedral in Phoenix. This is immediately after a 4-part catechetical series throughout the four Sundays of Advent on sacred music given by the Cathedral Rector and Bishop Olmsted. The Cathedral has articulated a vision for sacred music that is in accord with the mind of the Church, which focuses on sung propers, chanted ordinaries and a sung order of Mass.

We are building an 8-voice professional schola cantorum that now regularly sings the Gregorian Introit and Communio every week, polyphonic propers of Byrd, Palestrina, Lassus, etc., have just formed a new auditioned school Honors Choir, and the Cathedral Choir sings English propers from the Lumen Christi Missal, a book that will soon be in the pews of the Cathedral, among other choral treasures from the authentic Catholic tradition.

The proper foundation has been laid and the program is on the rise. The 9:00AM Sunday Mass is televised every Sunday and reaches 70,000 homes, in addition to Internet broadcast. Here is our Midnight Mass from just a few weeks ago at which the newly forming Schola Cantorum sang:

http://www.faithandlifetv.com/videos/midnight-mass-replay

If you are a strong organist and want to be a part of this newly forming program that has 100% support from the top down, please message me.

I will probably post a formal job description shortly, but wanted to put this out there for anyone who might want to talk more about moving to Phoenix and being a part of something excellent, cutting-edge, and groundbreaking for the diocese and beyond.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions