Hymn to St. Anne: The morning star is on the rise/Nocti succedit lucifer
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    The Office hymn Nocti succedit lucifer for Lauds on the Feast of St. Anne (July 26) has been eloquently translated into English by Kathy Pluth. Previously, I had composed two Mode III plainchant settings of the Latin original, and now I have adapted the simpler of these two settings to Kathy's translation. The resulting setting is attached herewith.

Edit: 2012-07-03. I uploaded a corrected version of the score, fixing two typos.
    Thanked by 2Kathy expeditus1
  • Thanks to you and Kathy, our parish will be singing this again this year for our patronal feast. May God reward you for this work!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Kathy
  • Here is a new setting of Kathy Pluth's beautiful translation of the office hymn for the Feast of St. Anne (July 26). This setting might be useful for anyone wishing an accompanied version; the melodic profile is fairly simple and predictable, allowing the singers to focus on the meaning of the text itself as they sing.
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    I just uploaded a corrected version of my score above (there were two typos in the underlay).

Chuck
  • Kathy
    Chuck, I'm probably being a total dork, but I can't seem to find your file...
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    No, you're not, Kathy!! It is the file attached to the first post of this topic (I re-uploaded the corrected version there). Happy St. Anne's day to you and to all.

Chuck
    Thanked by 1Kathy