Hymn Sandwich
  • CharlesW
    Your ancestors ate mayonnaise in the desert, but this is the Wonder Bread come down from heaven.

Lord, have pita on us!
    Thanked by 1musiclover88
  • Liam
    Break Open the Sandwich of the Word.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Silence Frenzied...
    Nevermind, wrong thread.
    Thanked by 1musiclover88
  • francis
    Wheat! I at yeast want a chance to dough what you are all doing. I can rise to the occasion. Pass the mustard!
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Man can not live on hymn sandwiches alone.
  • CharlesW
    Actually, I have found that man can not live on goldfish crackers alone. Goldfish crackers are my one addiction - well, there is also chocolate. LOL.
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • melofluentmelofluent
    This must be the Baloney school of Vatican II hermeneutics...

K, did you see that the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile had a head on crash last week? No bolognie, true sign of the apocalypse!
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • CharlesW
    Saw the pictures. We are not going to discuss mangled wieners, I hope. LOL.

BTW, I had a replica wienermobile when I was a little boy. My parents bought it for me when the full-size wienermobile visited my town.
  • I think that the Earl of Sandwich would either not be at all amused or pickled pink. He's probably turning over in his mouldy grave, sandwiched between various crusty ancestors. But, lettuce not dwell on it. We must-ardently press on to more meaty matters wherein there is more intellectual breadth.
  • ghmus7
    I'm so impressed with what you all have brot to this conversation. Yeast of which is your positive attitude, no sour doughs here!
    Thanked by 1JulieColl
  • melofluentmelofluent
    You gotta admit, it's often a hoot when we go all tangential on these odd little riffs. Too bad all the aesthetes at PTB rarely demonstrate such improvisatory madness, c'est la vie.
  • Kathy
    They probably don't have time for loafing around.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Comede, bibe et gaude . . .
  • CharlesW
    PTB cast its bread upon the waters, and it returned waterlogged and inedible, explaining their collection of moldy crumbs. Wait, were those crumbs writers or commenters?
  • ghmus7
    But even such tomfoolery reveals deeper truth - the Eucharist is the true "wonderbread"!