Our Lady of Fatima music?
  • expeditus1
    I am looking for the following Fatima hymns/organ accompaniments. Is there anyone who has knowledge of where to find these? Ideally, I'd like them in English, but will take the Portuguese and make adaptations, if need be.

1) O Virgem do Rosario da Fatima Senhora (O Fatima, Farewell) - Need both the vocals and accompaniment
    2) Sobre os Bracos da Azinheira (Little Holm-Oak Young and Tender) - Need keyboard accompaniment
    3) Lady of Fatima, Lady of Light - Need vocals/accompaniment

Am also seeking the keyboard accompaniment for the Marian hymn, "Let Us Bless Your Dearest Name" (Bendizemos O Teu Nome).
  • @expeditus-
    I have a number of Fatima traditional hymns in Portuguese that I've arranged for various voicing combinations and keyboard as well, other than your listed ones.
    Give a hollar if you're interested.
    Charles
  • expeditus1
    Oh, yah, Charles!
  • expeditus1
    Does anyone know where I might find the music for the following Fatima hymns? Both can be found in Veronica Brandt's August 2011 "Draft Hymnal," but only the lyrics are provided. I believe that they are numbers 93 and 90 in her book.

1) O Lady of Fatima, Hail
    2) Lady of the Rosary, Ave Maria!
  • francis
    i have set numerous fatima prayers to accompanied chant in english. email me if interested
    Thanked by 1expeditus1
  • francis
    hey charles... do you have audio files of those pieces?
  • veromaryveromary
    Hi expeditus1! Lady of Fatima is from the Australian Pius X Hymnal available here http://nla.gov.au/nla.mus-vn2152603 page 105.
    Lady of the Rosary I haven't checked up on, but I'll be able to ask the lady who put it in on Saturday.
    Looking forward to checking out the other pieces.
    Thanked by 1expeditus1
  • VM, is that "Now the world is saved from darkness"? It's an unlikely match with a J.S.Bach chorale assigned to the Fatima text. If you have a large Azorean population for such a ferial, they won't know that tune at all. Not that that should prevent its usefulness, though.
  • veromaryveromary
    Charles, googling that - now the world is saved from darkness - it sounds pretty good.
    This one is a different piece. Lady of Fatima, Lady of light comes from some nuns from Ballarat. They also did an Australian Christmas Carol which is more a litany of our native flora and fauna... But some people like it.
  • expeditus1
    Thanks, veromary! I am going to include "Lady of Fatima, Lady of Light" in our May 13 celebration of the 95th Anniversary of Fatima.
  • veromaryveromary
    Great to hear! I'll have to dust off that book and have a look at it myself.
  • expeditus1
    A great big thanks to all of those above who shared their knowledge of Fatima music with me. I was able to incorporate four of those pieces into our Fatima Procession and Mass today. The children sang for the honor of Our Lady and it was lovely.
  • francis
    darn

Life was so crazy the last few weeks I did not have a chance to put up Fatima music. Mea culpa.
  • expeditus1
    I know exactly how that goes, Francis. I'd still love to see those settings of yours!
  • tomboysuzetomboysuze
    Hey all, just have to add my thanks for all of these resources -- as I've just taken a job working for a Pastor from Portugal , who - while a young, reckless priest, built two churches there.
    One of which, is the first church dedicated to Francisco and Jacinta - and has the second highest carillon tower in Europe! (He likes bells, he said.) For the dedication, he managed to get a helicopter from the Portuguese military to fly in the statue of Our Lady from Fatima into a nearby stadium where 5000 school children sang marian hymns to welcome her. Later that night, the Portuguese Air Force Band played Handel's "Music for the Royal Fireworks" in front of the newly-dedicated church while, you guessed it, fireworks were set off in the background. Of course the best carillon players from all over Europe came for the dedication and over the day, each one had a chance to play it for the huge crowds that gathered. It was televised on National TV. (Hard to believe, but I've seen the DVD of all of this.)
    Needless to say, I'll be making good use of these resources next year. Many thanks.
    (And, Francis, I'd love to see those settings as well.)
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen expeditus1
  • Mark P.
    The Catholic Hymn Book (published by the London Oratory) has a traditional Fatima hymn entitled "The Thirteenth of May," which is also known as "Fatima Ave." It's number 162 in this wonderful, concise collection.
    Thanked by 1expeditus1