• CharlesW
    Every reviewer is biased in some way or another. It's good to know what those biases are when reading what they have to say. Some biases work to our greater good, while others do not. It's the reviewers with agendas that I most worry about.
  • As I said, I think AWR has realized that Sturm und Drang can go viral-septic-no-cure-available at PTB real quick, and he's obviously taken some steps to "dial it down."
    I believe we're all quite capable of becoming "super-excited" in a nano-second, I'm living proof. That said, I agree with the sentiment that sez an in-house review is not one of the seven seals being broken, and hope this thread is sunk pronto.
    PTB v MSF, court adjourned
  • CharlesW
    Who are this Lucy and Ethel of whom you speak? We are children, here (I wish). Are these some ancient prophets or soothsayers? ;-)
  • chonakchonak
    [I'm sinking the thread, since it's starting to become fun.]
  • 60 comments on a thread where we all talk about how Noel likes to start really obnoxious and completely unnecessary threads, and talk about him as if he weren't here, is a pretty good track record in my book.
  • Anyone notice a resemblence between Noel and Fred Mertz ( if Fred had flowing silver locks of hair?)
    And would that imply a likewise similar comparison of Ricky Ricardo to one Jeffrey Tucker? Adam Wood as Little Ricky?
  • Kathy
    Thank you, Chonak.

May I repeat, for Charles' sake primarily, that if Pray Tell were fairly edited, there wouldn't be a need to talk about it anywhere else. How does the song go, "All are welcome..."? Cha-cha-cha.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Little Ricky?!
    Aw, man...
  • Chris_McAvoyChris_McAvoy
    "There appear to be a lot of catholics inside the church who hate the church. The salvation someday may be due to catholics outside of the church who love the church."

I agree with that statement.

The results of modernism, it’s true, delight the secular children who love the world—who have this worldly love—, but completely scandalize us, the children of Orthodoxy, young and old, who have fear of God…

There is a lack of courage to call people modernists, who are modernists.
    Fr. Anthony Ruff is modernist and therefore many of his ideas regarding the Church will also be modernist. This is not unusual, there are hundreds of other pseudo-theologians and hierarchs thinking as he has. In a reply in one of the comboxes on the blog Fr. Ruff shared his thoughts on apostolic succession. He apparently saw apostolic succession as being "historically problematic" and "ambiguous."

When Saint Benedicts Press had published the new NABRE Bible with Our Lord's words in red. Mr. Ruff said the following, "Here’s the deal breaker: Saint Benedict Press prints the words of Our Lord are in red! Just like the Protestant fundamentalists. Just what you need if you think everything attributed to Jesus in the canonical Gospels was said by him..."

But as for myself, I never knew this, because I do not pay attention to these types of people and that blog. I only hear this from those who are the watchdogs.

I spent this week typesetting Sarum sequences for the first and second week of advent in both latin and english while others argue over questions from demons which aren't even questions.

Most of the Church people today does not follow the advice written in it's penitential books. Most married couples are not foregoing carnal relations during the three Lents each year (St Martins/Advent/40 days before Pasche and 40 days after Pentecost/Whitsun) much less during the periods before Sunday/Festal communion. Soon these same problems will be extended to the married priests in the Anglican ordinariate who have an even more serious obligation to follow such canons, priests being held to a higher standard. Only one canon lawyer has so far raised the serious consequences of this matter: http://www.canonlaw.info/a_deacons.htm

I have bigger fish to fry, I would be foolish to concern myself with the irrelevant "pray tell" blog.

We need to pay less attention to the minutiae of the present "new age" pseudo-catholicism and pay more attention to the minutiae of historical orthodox catholicism that point to how our church was before the reformation period, all that has been lost in the steady decline since than and what can help transform it back to that state.

And more importantly concern ourselves with our own salvation. We must detach from the those are lost in their own modern ideas and be totally independent of their influence.

O THOU who willingly dost give thy flesh to me as food, Thou who art a Fire, consuming the unworthy, Consume me not, O my Creator; But rather pass through all my body parts, Into all my joints, my reins, my heart.

Burn thou the thorns of all my transgressions, Cleanse my soul, and hallow thou my thoughts.
    Make firm my kneees, and my bones likewise;
    Enlighten as one of my five senses, Establish me wholly in thy fear;
    Ever shelter me, and guard and keep me From every soul-corrupting deed and word,
    Chasten me, purify me, and control me.
    Show me to be a Tabernacle of thy Spirit only, And in no wise the dwelling-place of sin,

That from me, thy habitation, through the entrance of thy Communion, Every evil deed and every passion may flee as from fire. As intercessors I bring to thee all the Saints, Both the Angelic Leaders of the Bodiless Powers, Thy fore-runner John, and thy wise Apostles; And besides these, thine immaculate and chaste Mother;
    Do thou accept their prayers, my Christ, who art Compassionate, And make thy servant to be a child of the light:

For thou alone, Good Lord, are the sanctification and splendour of our souls,
    And to thee as God and Master, day by day, Duly we all ascribe Glory!
  • benedictgal
    For me, Pray Tell just seems to be a gathering ground for folks who like dissent. I have lost a great deal of respect for Fr. Ruff, especially with the allegations that he has raised against the revised translation of the Roman Missal. If he cannot "promote" the new translation with "a clear conscience", then what is he doing making presentations on chanting the texts? He can't have it both ways.
  • This is the famed ship that refuses to sink!

I'm behind benedictgal. She's fearless and right.
  • francis
    YEOW!!!

(adsay utbay uetray!)
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Ah: Pigorian Chant - from Snauto Domoinko de Silo? Performed by The Ad Hog Camerata?

Ooh-hay are-ay ee-way?
    Eye-whay are-ay ee-way ere-hay?
    Ore-snay. Ore-snay.
    Ore-snay. Ore-snay.

With chicken polyphony?

Ovum apparuit. Multitudo ovorum apparuit. Non sequitur.
    Gloria in eggshells each day-o.
    Gloria in eggshells each day-o.

And bovine chorus?

Allemooia, allemoooooooia!

Back to Pigorian Chant:

Op-slay ime-tay.
    Op-slay ime-tay.
    Ood-fay, orious-glay ood-fay!
    Um-yay, um-yay!
  • Jeffrey Quick
    "Most married couples are not foregoing carnal relations during the three Lents each year ".
    Most married couples are not foregoing carnal relations before marriage. First things first.
  • francis
    First category, those who aspire to be holy.
    Second category, those who don't.

What things are first?