The sung Nuptial Blessing
  • cgh21
    Another question to the helpful people here on the forum.

It was a custom (French certainly, maybe other countries) to sing the Nuptial Blessing according to the 'tone' of the Exultet. Apparently this tradition died out (or was killed) in the mid-19th century.

It seems however that singing the Nuptial Blessing has returned as an option (at least in the OF). I've heard that a Vatican publication of the (early?) 70s even has the then modified blessing in a notated form.

My question is twofold then: is the text of this notated version the same as the A option in the current Missal and does anyone have a scan or publication details of this book?

Many thanks,

CGH
  • dvalerio
    I don't know about the typical Latin edition; the Portuguese versions of Nuptial Blessings are chanted (more or less) in tono orationis (full notation in p.164 and ff.), but there are many cases where chants in Latin and Portuguese editions differ; so...
  • godfrey
    The Ordo Celebrandi Matrimonii editio typica altera, published in 1990 has the 3 Nuptial Blessings set to chant. I'd have to do a scan of the texts.
  • cgh21
    Godfrey,

thanks for the offer but I've dug the Ordo up myself. I'll post a pdf of the A form of the Nuptial Blessing (for others' reference) when I've fiddled sufficiently with the score.
  • Godfrey (or anyone else): is there any possibility of getting a scan of form A? I'm interested in seeing whether we can use it in our own nuptial Mass...
  • Fr.Pieter
    Can someone scan and post, or email me, the music for the nuptial blessing? Thank you
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    I too, since I'm preparing for my wedding, would love to have the chants of these. Thanks and God bless.