Holy Saturday
  • Aga
    We have a small and inexperienced schola in our church. And now, the big task is before us: The Sacred Triduum. We are not able to prepare all chant with authentic gregorian melodies. So, we are looking for some simple settings to sing all canticles on Holy Saturday. Do you know any simple versions of the canticles (I mean melodies)? Could we use psalm tones?
  • Not what you are looking for but here is the antiphon for washing of feet for Holy thurs, with Psalms.
  • Are you wanting to do them in Latin or English?

If English, OCP's "Respond and Acclaim" is not the worst choice you could make. The refrains are very simple, as are the "tones" for the verses. They can be done in unison or SATB, a cappella.

(For participants of this forum who have heard me rail against the "Big Three" publishers, I'll take it for granted that you'll in charity refrain from flaming me for recommending an OCP resource. *wink*)
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Flame, flame, flame! just teasing.

I would love to help here, but our schola does not do Holy Saturday. We are on for Good Friday and then the Easter morning liturgy that no one else wants.