• I am trying to arrange a simple acapella TTB setting of the Requiem that a more advanced schola could use to supplement parts of the chant.

Attached is a draft of the Introit and Kyrie. I'd appreciate feedback. The Polyphony is from Martini and Casciolini.
    I can't get the pdf to attach for some reason (I guess the way I made it is weird), but this link should work to see the score.

One issue with the Introit and Kyrie is length. Since there is no incensing, the Priest usually must wait a while for the singing. I was able to cut down the length a little bit in the Kyrie, but not a ton.

Also, I have looked at the Requiem Mass composed by Jeffrey Quick. I have nothing bad to say about it, and it's rather inspiring, but I just don't think it's what I'm looking for (at least for the Introit and Kyrie).
  • sdtalley3sdtalley3
    Can you provide any PDF’s by any chance?
  • Yes. It's being really weird for some reason. I had to change it from a google doc to a slide and then do two separate pages, but here it is.

I wanted a quick way to show both chant and modern notation, so I thought pasting images would be easiest, but it's not working well. I don't know any free program that easily makes scores with both notations, but I'll figure out some better solution before I go much further.
    Thanked by 2sdtalley3 CHGiffen
  • MatthewRoth
    You could do it in Musescore. But the alignment of neumes is bad and they are too small.

If you want the incipits in square notation rather than in modern (although that is unusual), I’m sure that Adobe has something that would allow for you to add the chant as a graphic inside of an existing PDF (we do this with the Gloria Patri of introits sometimes). But I’d just use modern notation for such short parts.
    Thanked by 1OMagnumMysterium
  • Here is a first stab at the offertory.

Feedback is welcome, I wrote the polyphony myself. The score aesthetics are a mess, but I'm not worried about that right now. I'm just figuring out content, nice typesetting will be later.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen