Tomorrow there will be a concert at my parish
  • canadashcanadash
    The choirs of my parish are holding a concert tomorrow afternoon. It has been arranged by one of my choristers who sings in three of our church choirs.

It will be a Gregorian Chant concert. My sons will sing the "Jubilate Deo" chant and my choir will sing the Ubi Caritas chant followed by the Durufle Ubi Caritas as well as the simple Regina Caeli along with the Aichinger setting. I don't know what the other groups are singing, though, our Knights of Columbus have a schola and they will sing a chant too!

It is really amazing how far we have come under our current priest. He has asked that we incorporate chant and now every choir can do this allowing for a concert. We will also have a schola of seminarians sing from the local diocesan seminary.

Adam Bartlett must be thanked for inspiring this chorister to do this. He was one of the speakers at the Gregorian Chant Colloquium in Toronto this summer. Also, I must say thank you to the CMAA for your colloquiums. They are a great education in excellent Catholic church music.
  • How did your sacred concert go?
  • canadashcanadash
    Thank you for asking MJO! It was a success! There was some excellent chanting along with a few simple motets based on chants which gave the concert a little more depth. A couple of interesting offerings were from our Deacons and our women's schola. They both sang chants with organum. There was also a good crowd. I would estimate it to be in excess of three hundred people.

I have linked the Deacon's performance along with my sons and another tenor to my facebook post. I don't have permission to share the others.

https://www.facebook.com/anna.p.hughes.3/posts/10155042538057718
    https://www.facebook.com/anna.p.hughes.3/posts/10155041612307718
  • Sounds excellent. It's so amazing to see God working in our priests and our musicians to bring such excellent turnout and music. I think the choir school needs a bit of this divine intervention right now...

BTW, the second link isn't working.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • Exquisite singing!
    I am very impressed -
    and nurtured!

When is the next one?
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • canadashcanadash
    Thanks! Although, I had nothing to do with the deacons.

I think I've fixed the second link. I had something to do with them. lol!

The next one? Well, one of the soon to be priests will be moving far, far away, I'm afraid. Hopefully more will be coming through!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen