What Is This Organ Piece?
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Could someone please tell me the title of the organ piece played as the processional in the video here? It begins at about 5:10. If you haven't seen this whole video, it's worth a look: it's an Easter Sunday Mass (TLM) narrated by Archbishop Fulton Sheen.

Edit: forgot to post the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erj24PS78-I
    I found it: Grand Choeur Dialogue from 6 Pieces d'Orgue by Eugene Gigout.
    Thanked by 1Jes
  • kevinfkevinf
    Fun piece.. this video just shows a snippet of it.
    I tried to transcribe it by ear once after hearing Daniel Roth play it from St. Sulpice. Didn't get it quite right...
  • CharlesW
    It's on IMSLP for free. Why not just print it?
    I did that already, but thank you for the suggestion! I tried to transcribe it about a year ago before I knew what it was called. I started hearing it more and more on videos on YouTube (just happened to fall that way), so I decided to find out what it was. Now I know, and now I have a copy. Happy as a clam!
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • JesJes
    Oh yeah! I played this a couple of weeks ago! Even suitable for puny hands! You just take the bottom 8 Ve out of the right hand and you're good to go. I find 8ves with notes in the middle difficult to reach but it doesn't make a huge difference if I eliminate that bottom octave, does sound less full though.