"Radio Walsingham" goes dark
  • chonakchonak
    The internet music station "Radio Walsingham", founded by hymnographer Vincent Uher, ceased operations on January 31, along with all the other channels carried by the streaming company Live365.

On his blog, Vincent writes:
    Our carrier Live365.com is going out of business because it can no longer afford to operate under the high licensing fees demanded of small broadcasters of recorded music in the USA and Canada.

At the moment we are studying options for the future, but it looks like it is time for a final "Laudetur Jesus Christus" from RADIO WALSINGHAM as a bereaved staff bid you "Good night, and God bless!"

The service ran for ten years, providing choral music of the highest quality from many sources, and its selections in the holy seasons were especially delightful.

A temporary substitute is available on the Pandora web site, though its content is automatically generated by Pandora's computers, and not curated by the staff of Radio Walsingham.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • I read this when it happened, and was deeply saddened. Moreso, today, as I would like to listen to their type of programming today as I work, and alas, there's no real substitute. :(
    Thanked by 2chonak CHGiffen