Prayers for....reported by Liz Scalia at Patheos
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Two young girls were killed in a car crash Tuesday morning on Highway 789 between Hudson and Lander.
    Olivia and Emma Lewis died of injuries sustained in the accident Tuesday afternoon. Olivia Lewis was 6. Emma Lewis was 3.
    The crash occurred shortly after 7 a.m., when the driver of an SUV lost control of her vehicle and spun into the oncoming lane. A truck traveling the opposite direction broadsided the SUV, said Sgt. Stephen Townsend, a Wyoming Highway Patrol spokesman.
    The Lewis girls were riding in the SUV. The pair were flown from Riverton to a hospital in Salt Lake City.
    The girls’ deaths were announced by Wyoming Catholic College, where their father Sean Lewis is a professor.

As most MSF/NLM/Cafe/CMAA regulars know, our colleague, Dr. Peter Kwasniewski, is also a professor at WCC, and I have a young lady parishioner studying there as well. Let us pray with the absolute surety that these sweet children know the peace that surpasses all understanding, and may the Lewis family be confident that their little saints are enjoying the company of the cherubim and seraphim. And as I've also reminded my school kids, we must keep prayer vigil for the souls of the 239 people of the Maylaysian "disaster," however it plays out, and their families as well. JMJ, amen.