Mrs. Melofluent holds all the cards.

As is only right.

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Kathy
    Will fried chicken be provided?

Good question! And, onion rings?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Hostess Fruit Pies?
  • The big thing out here is pork tenderloin. Think of a fried piece of pork that's three times larger than the bun it comes on.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Dass ist Schnitzel, ja? Ich liebe mich einsam Schnitzel!
  • Jani
    I happened to be in an elevator at the same time as Dan Giardot of GIA one time, and he said "I wonder what they're going to do to the chicken this year?" It was funny as hell. I guess there's always chicken at those things.
    Thanked by 1ClergetKubisz
  • Bob_Cook
    I'm going to Indianapolis and have a double room. If there is a Priest or seminarian who wants to share the room, there is no charge.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • fpf
    For those not averse to "roughing it" (we're talking American standards, not Afghanastan's): Indy boasts a solitary hostel, about 6mi. north of the activities.
    It has shared room options and would bring lodging costs into a much more affordable range. From the website pics, It looks fresh, bright, inviting. The prospect of hiking back and forth praying the rosary recalls what it would be like time-wise to pray before an abortion mill, so there's the thought of including some penance/reparation into what is otherwise counted by many as a thoroughly joyous event. Any prospective takers, let me know!
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Also, please prepare for White Suit Wednesday.
  • Kathy
    Is that a gender-specific event, btw?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    No.

All are welcome. All are welcome. All are welcome to wear white suits on Wednesday.
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood Kathy
  • BenBen
    Also, bow tie Friday.
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Would you know my name, if you saw me in Indy?
    Thanked by 2BruceL Kathy
  • BenBen
    nope.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Also, bow tie Friday.

I think that actually a moveable feast, moving anywhere Jeffrey Tucker happens to be feasting.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • WendiWendi
    I can't pull off a bow tie. Ladies should have a scarf option. Just sayin'.
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I can't pull off a bow tie.

You grab the unlooped part on each side...
    Thanked by 3ClergetKubisz Ben Kathy
  • WendiWendi
    Little Joe...sigh. :D
  • BenBen
    LIES ADAM. You grab the looped part. LIES.
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    to pull it off? really?
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    You shouldn't pull it off unless you know how to tie it again. Seriously, no clip-on's at the conference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9SWgodiek#t=172
  • BenBen
    Clip-ons are hopelessly tacky. AOM is cool, btw.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I have a memory of my grandfather wearing a clip on tie (long style) , but clipping it to his shirt pocket instead of his collar.

He's dead now. Probably a coincidence.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    He was too cool for his time, Lil' Joe, same as you.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • WendiWendi
    I learn the most fascinating things on this forum.
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    I sent my checks in three weeks ago and they've not cleared my checking account, and I've not received my confirmation from Mia Coyne.

Anyone else experiencing this?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    White Suit Wednesday, BowTie Friday.....?
    I knew it all along, we're just a club for nerds to aggregate now and then, making up stuff as we go along jes like ever'one else. Thusly, it follows that we're ALL Protestants! We doth protest too much about what it means to be Catholic, even though the creeds are fairly explicit. But, as some know, I try not to be a killjoy, so maybe I'll look for a white satin warmup suit like the late Raiders owner, St. Al Davis, and I do have a number of bow ties of all persuasions (ever the eclectic.)
    I might suggest to Janet and Arlene that as Ben is a real intern (at NLM, of course) he be assigned the duty to hand out duct tape bow ties to the Friday Vespers to all who didn't get the memo. Duct tape bow ties Ben personally will make, of course.
    Thanked by 2CharlesW Jenny
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Bow tie Friday is a silly and gimmicky idea. It is nothing like the wondrous event known as White Suit Wednesday.

Thanked by 2Adam Wood Ben
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    I will only where a white suit if (if) Pimm's Cup Cocktails are served and a decent round of croquet is played.

Whoever decided that bow ties would only be worn on Friday is clearly a philistine.
  • BenBen
    Whoever decided that bow ties would only be worn on Friday is clearly a philistine.

I never said "only." :D
  • matthewjmatthewj
    We're not here to make everything happen for you, David. If you want Pimm's Cup and croquet, then you will have to make that happen. Take the initiative! (purple bold)
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    We could just wear albs all week, and really draw attention to ourselves.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    We could just wear albs all week,

Get a haircut and a choir cassock, you hippie!
    Thanked by 2Ben Earl_Grey
  • CharlesW
    All those white suits will look like a convention of Philippine gangsters.
  • WendiWendi
    (That's what I told him Little Joe.)

See...I told you Darling, you are going to have to bring the croquet set along with everything else. Borrow a bigger car or something.

Dearest...this is not the 1970's. Pony up for a nice white linen three piece suit with a straw hat. Although David has enough he could probably lend you a hat.

• ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Adam, you're account reminded me of my own grandfather, who insists on wearing bolo ties instead of a regular neck tie. God love him.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Dearest...this is not the 1970's. Pony up for a nice white linen three piece suit with a straw hat. Although David has enough he could probably lend you a hat.

MOW, I'm flying coach. How much suffering must I endure via baggage fees to indulge a Canadian expatriate? A warmup suit fits in an overhead.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Much suffering, my friend. Much suffering is required to indulge me.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    You want suffering, my dry climate lord, come up here and try chanting the Passion voices with 100% allergens as Narrator or Voice; pflegm hovering just below the larynx when you least expect (or could expectorate). I know you, MJM, don't tempt providence!
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    who insists on wearing bolo ties instead of a regular neck tie.

My wife's grandfather wore one of those to our wedding.

He is also dead now.

Coincidence?
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I kinda enjoy bolo ties.

Not enough to wear one.

But kinda.

It's against everything Canada stands for.

Rebelling against my youth, perhaps.
  • WendiWendi
    A linen suit would fit in the overhead too...you'd just have to steam it when you get here. If David doesn't know how...I do. Besides, with the linen you'll look SO much more dapper.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    WEAR IT ON THE PLANE
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Yes, yes indeed. Why not look like Sydney Greenstreet in CASABLANCA strolling through TSA, the full body scan/patdown, and then while squeezing into da plane, da plane whilst some five year old savant yells out, "Daddy, look! Ahoy, there goes Moby Dick!"
    Great fun.
    On the way to
    Indianapolis.
    Oh yes, I know how to get steamed.
    Thanked by 1matthewj
  • Dear all.

My name is Francisco Carbonell and I am the new Director of Music and Organist at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Indianapolis since October 2013. As you know, our church will host some of the most important events of the Musica Sacra Colloquium this coming summer.

I will be glad to help you with any question you have regarding the activities of the Colloquium at St. John, as well as questions regarding the city.

I wish you a great Colloquium and the holiest Holy Week!

In Christ and Mary.

Francisco Carbonell.
  • kenstb
    Thanks, Francisco. I'm hoping to make the trek from New York to Indianapolis if I'm not on trial. I have a nice white summer suit AND a Panama hat to wear!! Maybe some shades too.. : )
  • G
    Thank you, Francisco, looking forward to meeting you!

Anyone, what's in a Pimm's cup, anyway? Would the Queen drink one?

I'm too fat and impure to wear a white suit. A bowtie might be possible.

Also, the pork tenderloin sandwiches in Indiana are a wondrous thing, and Indianpaolis is said to have the very best pizza in the state, Barbeaux or something like that?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • OlbashOlbash
    Is a white jacket sufficient for White Suit Wedneaday? With white piquee bow tie and vest of course. Black tuxedo pants seem in order, tho. Unless we are going on safari.