Would you let me copy your program?
  • canadashcanadash
    I'd like to put together a program for the Triduum. I've always wanted to do this, but have never been organized enough to get it done. If anyone is willing to share their hard work so that I have a template, I would be most grateful. I have someone to help me, but I would love to give him a head start and I am hardly tech savvy.
  • EF or OF?
  • tomjaw
    If for the EF, is this pre- 1955?

If so I have congregational Propers sheets, and Choir booklets.
  • canadashcanadash
    Sorry for not clarifying. We use the OF.
  • See attached draft of our Triduum program. If you have InDesign CC (CS7), I'd be happy to share the source file. Otherwise, the PDF should at least serve as an outline for your use.
    Thanked by 2canadash CHGiffen
  • canadashcanadash
    That is beautiful Marc. Thank you. I'll contact you if my husband has InDesign at work.
  • Thanks. We might have a copy of last year's in CS6 if it helps.

This is our second year to do this, and it was VERY well received by parishioners. It also helps to show the continuity of the Triduum having it all in one book.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • BenBen
    We also do the triduum in one book. I like the symbolism as well.
  • BenBen
    Marc, I love how you publicly celebrate vespers on Thursday. That's fantastic.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • We usually have about 75-100. It's one of the few times we have vespers each year.
  • BruceL
    Canadash, alas ours are not in one book (although i certainly appreciate the rationales given, all of which are wonderful). They are put together in Publisher. Send me a message with your email and I'll be happy to send you editable files. I'm attaching PDFs, though, of each (excepting the Chrism Mass).
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • BruceL
    Marc: such beautiful work in your program! Wish I had that eye for design!
  • canadashcanadash
    Thank you Bruce. These are wonderful!

I appreciate the sharing!

I am curious. Seeing how long the program is, how many would you print? On Good Friday we will have more than a thousand people come to church. Holy Thursday would see a good 700 at Mass. We are a large suburban parish.
  • BruceL
    I'm not the right person to ask, as I am a terrible judge. Our weekly attendance is probably 800 on a weekend (membership is like 600 families and growing). We print 350-400 orders on a typical Sunday. That said, since we are downtown and away from the 'burbs, we have lower attendance for Triduum, although since we are the cathedral parish, we get a lot of "pilgrimage" peeps for the Vigil, etc. SOrry for not answering the question!

The rationale for separating them, in our case, is that our budget is small, we have very different attendance at the services. Also, since we're in the South, the Sunday church culture is very strong: we have maybe 100-150 tops at our anticipated Mass, with most on Sunday mornings. This carries over to a degree at Easter.