Every Catholic Church Must Sing On Eagles Wings
  • TCJ
    Pescador de Hombres is even worse when in English.
    Thanked by 2benedictgal CharlesW
  • A Sinner
    I do something like this at my church. The 4:30pm Saturday Vigil is the traditional hymns ("Holy, Holy, Holy") Mass, the 8am is the Chant (By Flowing Waters propers or hymns like Adoro te Devote) Mass and the 11am is the Contemporary (On Eagle's Wings) Mass. I try to render all the music as prayerfully and authentically as I can which isn't hard because I love it all. What I found surprising was that no matter how much they hated the music (and told me so emphatically) people refused to change which Mass they attended. I finally had to throw in a hymn at the 8 (a "Hymn of Thanksgiving" after communion) just to avoid a riot.
  • benedictgal
    The sad thing is that OCP suggests these particular songs in its planner. Music directors who do not know any better, blindly follow this booklet as though it were some Magisterial document. It's about time they find out that the emperor's new clothes aren't clothes at all.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CharlesW
    As we would say in East Tennessee, the emperor is nek-kid. ;-) I, for one, am tired or looking at his decrepit body.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Chris Allen
  • What, CW, you can't look away? Or is the spectacle of his roly rump like a car crash scene you can't resist? ;-) Maybe just thinking about baseball might help.

Then again, I wonder- did anybody have to endure this yesterday?

"Ah-ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a, Ah-ah-buh, Fa-a-a-a-a-thurrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

I'm on a roll, be here all week. Bada boom, take my wife, please.
    Thanked by 1ScottKChicago
  • CharlesW
    Car crash could be good! LOL. It's long past time for the emperor to be sent into exile.