Sacred Music Choral Festival in Paris, France, July 2-8
  • The Catholic Sacred Music Project will be hosting its third Choral Festival in collaboration with Lux Amoris, July 2-8, at the Parish of St. Roch in Paris, France. The Choral Festival will provide musical formation for Church musicians in choral singing, choral conducting, and organ improvisation and will culminate with a performance of the Messe Solennelle Ob. 16 by Louis Vierne at a Pontifical Mass at the Church of Saint Roch. Singers, conductors, and organists from all over the world who are devoted to the sacred music of the Church are welcome to come and cultivate their musical skills and renew their passion for serving the Church through music. The international faculty includes renowned conductors, organists, and teachers from Notre Dame de Paris, Saint-Étienne-du-Mont, Abbaye de Notre-Dame de Troirs, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington D.C., and Hillsdale College. https://sacredmusicproject.org/choral-festival
  • ServiamScores
    I’m terribly envious of anyone who gets to go to this. I lived in Paris for a time as a student, and I’ve not been able to go back in over a decade. I used to take organ lessons with Jean Gallard, the ‘titulaire’ organist of the Cathedral de Beauvais, at the conservatory that is in the shadow of St. Sulpice. When I wasn’t practicing or in class, I used to roam the city visiting every church in sight. Happiest time of my life.

Paris, tu me manque…
    Thanked by 1LauraKaz
  • We hope to be able to have some future events in Paris so perhaps you can attend one another time!
  • I’m assuming all lessons will be in French, is that correct?
  • There may be some discussions in French but most/all of the sessions will be held in English.
  • Are there any other international sacred music workshops/events like this already scheduled anywhere else? Or ones that happen yearly? This sounds amazing, but it won’t work this year.
  • Floriani is doing a similar program this summer in Mexico: https://www.floriani.org/2023sacredmusiccollegium
  • LauraKaz
    Are there any plans for the Choral Festival to return to the U.S. in future years?
  • Possibly! The plans for the 2024 Choral Festival haven't been solidified yet.
    Thanked by 1LauraKaz