Miraculous Crucifix (printable PDF for your home)
  • francisfrancis
    The pope had this crucifix moved to St. Peter's Basilica.

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/miraculous-crucifix-moved-to-st.-peters-square-for-pope-francis-urbi-et-orb

The History

Adrian VI was pope at the time of this event.
    ...in 1522, Guglielmo Raimondo Card. de Vico, held a procession – over 16 days – 4-20 August in the midst of the real summer heat – against the plague from San Marcello al Corso, to St. Peter’s Basilica. It went through all the rioni of the City. It took so long, because where the Cross went, the plague dissipated, so people tried to keep it in their area as long as they could. Nobles and citizens, barefoot, alike dressed in black habit and ashes, marched through the different districts chanting “Mercy, Holy Crucifix!”

Even then public authorities worried that crowds would increase the contagion. Instead, the plague rapidly ended.

Fr. Zulhsdorf
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • Francis,

Thank you for posting this.

Perhaps you don't know, but

does His Holiness intend that the plague should end first at St. Peter's, which will lead to Peter confirming his brethren, or does he intend a pilgrimage to form to St. Peter's, so that lapsed and lukewarm Catholics (as well as the faithful) be invigorated in their faith, or does he intend to hold the crucifix captive, so that superstitious practices of the past can be prevented in this day of serious crises such as too much plastic and air conditioner use?
  • francisfrancis
    lol

Well, he is using for an 'Urbi et Orbi' blessing.

A special Urbi et Orbi blessing
    The Pope also announced that on the following Friday, 27 March, he will preside over a moment of prayer on the sagrato of St Peter’s Basilica, the platform at the top of the steps immediately in front of the façade of the Church. “I invite everyone to participate spiritually through the means of communication”, he said.
    You can read it on VaticanNews.va here:

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/pope/news/2020-03/pope-calls-for-christians-to-unite-in-prayer-for-end-to-pandemic.html

[Unfortunately, IMHSO (S is for SMALL) what I believe is the ONLY ANSWER (or having any recourse to heaven) is fullfilling the Consecration of Russia to the IHM. But we have been holding our breath for decades on that one.]
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Francis,

Sr. Lucia stated that Pope St. John Paul the Great fulfilled the Consecration of Russia.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    I have thought the early Fatima prophecies proved to make sense in retrospect. The World War I prophecies and lead up to WW II seemed to really occur. Some of the later events from Fatima seemed to me to be a bit wonky. That wasn't helped by people like Fr. Nicholas Gruner who spread absolute nonsense for too many years. Someone in Rome should have seriously yanked his panties,.

Think about it. Mary comes from heaven to prophesy and reveal knowledge from God. But she can't tell you, it's a secret. If you turn the planters on your porch upside down and recite a sacred phrase, God may not kill you. He really wants to but she can talk him out of it if you do such and such. Then we get that third secret finally released. My thought was, all the hype over this? Not worth it.
    Thanked by 1Olivier
  • francisfrancis
    rather than derail the thread on Fatima (resist), PM me if wish to truly dig into the facts.
  • CharlesW
    Francis, I have seen some of those facts and am not convinced they are realistic.
  • francisfrancis
    not... taking... the bait...
    Thanked by 1a_f_hawkins
  • CharlesW
    No bait. We will just have to agree to differ on this.