Alto(s) needed for Wedding in Oak Park, Saturday February 22nd
  • Our Lady Immaculate Choir is looking for an alto (or altos) to help sing for a wedding Saturday, February 22nd, at 10:00 A.M. The repertoire to be sung is as follows:

Durufle, Ubi Caritas (SATB, ed. J. Mark Baker)
    Hassler, Missa super "Dixit Maria"
    Mozart, Jubilate Deo
    Palestrina, Sicut Cervus
    Arcadelt, Ave Maria

The wedding will be held at Our Lady Immaculate Church, 410 Washington Boulevard, Oak Park IL, 60302.

A friendly reminder - Our Lady Immaculate is staffed and operated by the Society of Saint Pius the Tenth, in case that should influence your decision.

The choir will meet for a rehearsal in the upstairs loft at 8:30 A.M. Stipend will be provided. If interested, or for any further questions, please send me a personal message. Thank you.
  • If they needed a bass, I would pay the $60 and fly out from MSP. I love this program already.
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • Vansensei, maybe not this time -but let's discuss something in the future. I'm brainstorming a jam session at this parish over the summer. I'd love to sing with you!
  • vansensei,

If you like that repertoire and are in the Minneapolis area, you should sing with us for the Latin Mass in Mankato from time to time. We'd do the Hassler just for you.
  • Take him up on the offer, Van. Nihil is the King Midas of Church Music. He's got a great program.
    Thanked by 1NihilNominis
  • vansensei,

I second the Latin Mass in Mankato...we love a good pick-up choir.
  • You flatter me, Stimson!

Thanks for the push, Music and Beer!