• Erik P
  • incantuincantu
    April Fools?
  • Kathy
    Recognitio? (I don't know anything. Just fanning the flames.)
  • Erik P
  • chonakchonak
    Haven't heard that; no. But when the news comes, it'll be on the NLM blog.

Would it make sense for the Vatican to make a major announcement in Holy Week, when the officials who would need to explain it to the press are busy with Holy Week?
  • Erik P
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Rumors from the Vatican: I had no idea how many come out daily until I starting blogging and getting them in my inbox. You can dismiss 10,000 of them for the one that is half true.
  • miacoyne
    Not rumors, but I believe there are definitely something more to look forward to in the future.

Interview With Theologian and Liturgist Father Nicola Bux
    By Antonio Gaspari

ROME, MARCH 24, 2010 (Zenit.org).- Benedict XVI is becoming known as a great reformer of the liturgy,
    but according to author Father Nicola Bux, the reform under way hardly started with the current Pope.

Father Bux, an expert in Eastern liturgy and a consultor for the Office for the Liturgical Celebrations of the
    Supreme Pontiff, has looked at the Holy Father's efforts at reform in a book titled "La Riforma de Benedetto
    XVI. La Liturgia tra Innovazione e Tradizione," with a prologue by Vittorio Messori.
    In this volume, the priest characterizes the Pope's reform as a looking forward, recovering the most beautiful elements tradition offers the present Church.

More here,
    ZE10032405 - 2010-03-24
    Permalink: http://www.zenit.org/article-28738?l=english
    Between Innovation and Tradition
  • Chrism
    If memory serves, this is the second time in this Pontificate that a rumor of liturgical changes specifically mentioned Holy Thursday. This creates a certain unhealthy tension in the back of one's mind during the already stressful Triduum.

Next year, if they float the same story again, I plan to flame the messenger.
  • chonakchonak
    I wonder if the approval of the Revised Grail Psalter (on March 19) is a fulfillment of these rumors.

But anyway, I agree with Chrism, Holy Week is no time for an announcement about anything that can be put off until after Easter.