Reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary - This Saturday
  • francisfrancis
    This Saturday is First Saturday - THE DAY that Our Blessed Mother has asked us especially to make reparation to her Immaculate Heart. PLEASE>>>

1. Go to Mass
    2. Pray the Rosary
    3. Meditate on the mysteries of the rosary (or even a single mystery) for fifteen minutes
    4. Go to Confession

You can learn more at the website.

Http://www.silverwingsofthedove.org

In JMJ

Francis
  • francisfrancis
    bumping to remind everyone that Our Lady has asked us to make reparation to her Immaculate Heart on the First Saturday of each month. I should be bumping this before each first saturday... will try to remember to do so.
  • I wish my parish had a First Saturday Mass. Unfortunately, the only Mass on Saturdays is the Vigil Mass for Sunday.

Don't forget about wearing the Brown Scapular!
  • francisfrancis
    Thank you bhcordova

I will be putting a page up about the scapular also. Especially because Our Lady appeared holding one at the Fatima miracle.
  • francisfrancis
    I am bumping this thread for this coming Saturday. Please read the OP above.

Also, I have just updated the Seven Dolors of the BVM page on my website with amazing pics from Adreaen Isenbrandts rendering. Please visit and pray the Seven Sorrows.

http://silverwingsofthedove.org/the-seven-dolors-of-the-b-v-m
  • We've been using our First Saturday Masses to make reparation to Mary's Immaculate Heart specifically for the sins of abuse by clergy we all know too well about by now. We've been using the Votive Mass of Our Lady, Mother of the Church on these days, which is then followed by exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, the rosary and other meditations, and finally Benediction.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • francisfrancis
    Go tomorrow for the love of JMJ
  • francisfrancis
    This saturday
  • This Saturday is also Candlemas.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • francisfrancis
    And Groundhog Day
    Thanked by 1CharlesW
  • CharlesW
    St. Whistle-pig the Great. Although I must admit to following General Beauregard Lee and Chattanooga Chuck, both being more accurate for my area than that northern hog. I think that Yankee forecaster is going to prove wrong this year.

Forgot about Candlemas. That one slipped up on me. First Saturday, football weekend, St. Blaise, Candlemas, diocesan appeal for contributions, taped sermon from the bishop, pledge cards to fill out during offertory, too - overload.

Thanked by 1Carol
  • francisfrancis
    Much Reparation is required of us. Go to confession, Mass, communion and pray the rosary and also meditate for 15 minutes on the mysteries (or a mystery) of the rosary as this Saturday is the day marked by Our Lady of Fatima.

I recommend reading from this meditation.

Eg., http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/pjc/pjc36.htm

• francisfrancis
    O, Jesus, my Jesus! (words of his mother upon seeing him)
  • francisfrancis
    Much Reparation is required of us. Go to confession, Mass, communion and pray the rosary this Saturday.

Why you ask?

http://silverwingsofthedove.org/offer-prayers-and-sacrifices
  • francisfrancis
    Our Lady is hoping you will come today.
  • francisfrancis
    Today
  • francisfrancis
    "Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns, with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them." OLOF