Whitacre's Virtual Choir
  • Chrism
    Watching this project makes me appreciate actually interacting with my choir members a bit more.

All the lonely people...where do they all come from. And are they busy on Sunday mornings?

EDIT: Bah, already posted.
  • Charles in CenCA
    I attended a pre-New York/London version of his multi-media "opera" thingy about paradise lost down at one of the Cal State Univ's in LA (maybe Northridge...?) about a decade ago. Even then, his technological interests were state of the art, massive sequencing, hardware and monitors, and he still "conducted" the performance art as a "live event." But it was truly, to this audience member, antithetical to either a theater or choral performance, as it still seemed a contrivance. Perhaps subsequent revisions over the years have improved its appeal, there was a bit of a "rave" flavor to what I experienced. But very little "Whitacre" was evident to me in the work, by comparison to his "Water Night" or "Leonardo" harmonic lexicon.
    Cutting edge doesn't necessarily cut it every time. I'll pass, thank you.
  • BachLover2BachLover2
    what is 'sink' and how does it work?
  • marajoymarajoy
    It makes it so that even if someone posts, the whole thread does not go back up to the top. As far as I can tell, an administrator puts it one when a thread is either inappropriate to this forum, or unnecessary, or redundant (like this one) or maybe even just when it has gone too far off topic.
  • Charles in CenCA
    Sorry to have caused offense, MJ.
  • jhoffman
    What if ... there were vitual chant choirs posted.
  • jhoffman
    Should be virtual chant choirs ... sorry.
  • Chrism
    The poster of the thread can also sink it. What we can't do is lock or delete it.