Looking for a solid NO parish in Green Bay
  • canadashcanadash
    Looking for a solid NO parish in Green Bay For a friend and her husband. They've tried TLM and they don't feel comfortable there. Their first parish was far from liturgically correct.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Cathedral. I think that's the only choice.
  • canadashcanadash
    That's it? really? wow.
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    If there's another parish with decent music and liturgy, I don't know of it. The parish in Kaukauna recently completed a very nice architectural renovation, but the music doesn't match. There are some good, young priests in the diocese, but they aren't pastors yet.

Also, the whole diocese doesn't have any well-paid directors of music. None. They're going to have a tough time improving if they don't offer decent salaries and benefits. Same for the Diocese of La Crosse.
  • canadashcanadash
    Thanks for the information. How about a parish with a few solid Catholic families or maybe a makeshift home school community or a solid Catholic school?

• dad29
    Irish....my mother told me (back in the early '70's) that Green Bay was a "divorce factory" for Catholics who needed an easy annulment--and that it had had that reputation for decades.

Which ought to tell you a lot about the Diocese's liturgical problems, eh?
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Yikes. Kyrie eleison!