• luxlux
    Hello everybody, I wrote this Requiem 20 years ago, but only recently I was able to record it. I am not so satisfied the way it has been performed, but this is the only recording I own. If you have time to waste, I would be glad to have your opinion. Thanks
    https://youtu.be/SS4VORYP0cQ
  • Leonardo, I am surprised none of the German state radio stations have chosen to perform this. It's an amazing, magnificent and colorful work. This recording really shows it off. Do submit it to them!
    Thanked by 3CHGiffen canadash lux
  • I will add to Noel's accolade. This is a stunning work, fantastische, a rich kaleidoscopic tapestry that is one of the most moving requiems I've ever heard. Do follow Noel's advice about performance, maybe even a CD by Naxos or someone. Have you submitted this to Schott? Oxford? Baerenreiter? You should. It is compelling! Many thanks for sharing it with us!
    Thanked by 3CHGiffen canadash lux
  • luxlux
    Thank you very much for listening and for your kind comments! In the last 20 years I sent the full score to many orchestras. Most of them did not answer. Supposedly they receive every day lot of music proposals from many composers and musicians all over the world and they don’t have the possibility to check everything with the due attention. Some less important orchestra answered and asked up to 70.000 Euro in order to make a recording. Finally I found a little young orchestra and a small choir (only 12 singers) in Italy who were available to record the whole work for a more suitable price. I never contacted till now radio stations or publishers, but…why not? I could try. I could send an Email to Schott, Naxos and also some german radio stations (any suggestion here?) inviting them to open the link on Youtube.
    Apologize for my not perfect English.
  • Do let us know what action you take and what develops!
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen CCooze
  • I imagine that there are many of us here who would humbly sing in the choir for your creation: I know I would enjoy singing it. Wonderful work, and thank you for sharing it with us.
    Thanked by 1lux
  • luxlux
    Thank you for the kind words, ClergetKubisz
  • I want this played at my funeral by a theremin choir.
  • luxlux
    Following your suggestion, I wrote to Baerenreiter, Schott Music, even Naxos. The first two answered they are not interested, Naxos did not replay.
    The file on Youtube has 4700 views, but only 6 likes (all from friends). I think I must simply accept the fact that most people don’t like this work, due to several reason. It has been also performed very bad, far away from the original intention. This also probably does not help.
    Anyway, thanks again for your kind comments here. This is the only forum where I posted the link.
    Sorry if I did (and will) not write any post more, but I prefer to not talk about music since long time.
  • Jeffrey Quick
    I like the language very much. I admit that I haven't listened to it beginning to end yet, so I don't know if there's enough variety to sustain such a work. It's hard to sell a concert-length religious work nowadays, unless it has 3 countertenors, flirts with heresy, has a social-justice subtext...and a Big Name on the title page.
    Thanked by 1lux
  • Lux -
    Please don't go away. Your music is splendid and we all know that such creative expressions come from a very deep well, one which you should cultivate amongst friends. Don't be frightened off just because a couple of publishers turned you down - it wouldn't be the first time that publishers had rejected fine work. Do keep in touch with us.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen lux
  • CCoozeCCooze
    In searching for (vacation) churches, recently, I saw that the ("professional") Basilica choir in Orlando likes to present concerts of Sacred music, both old and new.

If, in the meantime, you want a nicer recording, maybe present it to such a choir.