License for "The Proper of the Mass"
  • Andrew_Malton
    Does anyone know if Fr Weber's Gradual, substantially downloadable from here but also published by Ignatius, is issued under a more open license?

(Just this; not music copyright license alternatives fair use grumble grumble. )
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • Andrew_Malton
    I now know that
    * There are small differences between the versions on the Web and the versions in Father Weber's book, and
    * The versions on the Web "are free", as he wrote to me, as opposed to the versions in the book from Ignatius Press, for which permission to copy is not available.

Thanked by 2CHGiffen hilluminar
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    When you purchase the book from Ignatius Press, you can receive a free PDF of the book so that you can copy/paste into worship aids, choir binders, etc. It was explained to me that the copyright of the work is owned by St. Meinrad Abbey and that a donation of a penny per copy was expected. From the Ignatius website:

Resources for choirs or scholae: For those who wish to be able to cut and paste parts of The Proper of the Mass into their choral binders, scan and email a proof of purchase of the print edition to webhelp@ignatius.com with the subject line “Licensing Permission”. You will receive an email with your password. Once you have received your password, a locked .pdf may be downloaded here. You may make only as many copies only as the number of print editions you have purchased.
    Thanked by 1Andrew_Malton