New Website, gregorian-chant-hymns
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    This is wonderful, what a resource!
    Thanked by 1ContraBombarde
  • Lovely, lovely singing of the chant and the booklet pages are very nicely done as well!

Adoremus in Aeternum

O Salutaris

Thank you!

[SAFARI is a free download, just like CHROME and FIREFOX, and runs on MAC and PC - personally, I'd rather see them working on posting more chant than jumping through the hoops to get any browser compatible until the next version of the browser comes out]
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Great resource, well done! Only one thing needs to be fixed:

"NOTE: Please use browser SAFARI. The audio files are not completely working In CHROME and not displaying in FIREFOX."
    Thanked by 1Spriggo
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Actually, the audio files worked fine and displayed fine for me in FireFox.
  • tomjaw
    I have just checked using the latest edition of Chrome (for Mac) and the links I tried worked without problem.
    Thanked by 2smvanroode CHGiffen
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Very helpful resource and beautiful clear images.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    The Mass in Latin with the Setting Mass Mass VIII - abridged doesn't download in readable pdf form for me with Safari.
  • Running Mac with Safari the PDF opens here beautifully. Twice.
  • tomjaw
    Richard
    I have no problems downloading and viewing the PDF using Safari (7.0.2) on a Mac.

You could try Ctrl clicking on the file name and you should be able to download it direct to your desktop and open in Acrobat / Preview.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Um, that's option click, yes? On my Mac the downloaded pdf gives the message "File could not be opened. It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize."
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Is that "Mac 'n' Cheesy"? I took a Windoze 8.1, and the Fox in my Fire had no problems at all.
  • tomjaw
    Richard
    Which version of Safari / Preview are you using? Are you using the latest updates? I do remember there were problems with earlier updates, but they seem to be fixed now.

I am using a Macbook Pro (2.5GHz Core i5) running OS 10.9.2 I will test the other Mac's in the house later.

Have tested Preview 7.0 and the file is working for me.

Have checked the file properties, the PDF was created on a Mac...
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Version 6.0.4 (7536.29.13)

I dont have problems with other the single files.
  • tomjaw
    Preview 5.0.3 in OS X 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.10 all works without problem.

But I do remember a few years ago that there were some problems with this file with one version of Preview (I can't remember the version). I think the only way round it was to use Acrobat Reader.

I think the fault was to do with some poor coding by Microsoft Word, that caused problems with the pdf.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Do you think that perhaps they could update the pdf files of text translations with the source of the text? Psalm numbers, etc.?
  • CCoozeCCooze
    So, I thought this website was a great resource, and I used it to make the attached antiphon booklet.

The church where we have 2 EF Masses per month has the St. Edmund Campion Missal and so has all of this already, but my home parish where we only have 1 per month doesn't, and so I thought I'd make these up to (see if our CSM and priest would like to) stick out with the Latin-English missalettes.

Whether or not we use them, if these are helpful to any of you, then it was worth the effort of figuring out the correct page-positioning. (Just print 1 & 2 front/back, and then 3 & 4 back/front to keep them in order.)
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Does this mean that my Internet Explorer is not going to work in gaining access to the files?
  • CCoozeCCooze
    It all worked well on Chrome for me...
  • tomjaw
    @CCooze
    I will pass on your request...

If you are looking for Translations and the psalm numbers this should help,
    http://divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl

Another source of translations,
    http://www.theliturgicalyear.org/theliturgicalyearpdfs.html

When producing booklets (Missalette size) I now create the document as an A5, and then use a Create Booklet program (that can be downloaded for free) that can be found in the Print options menu.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Thanks.
    I do know where to find the psalm numbers and such, I simply meant that if we are supposed to cut and paste the text and source portions, it might be helpful to those looking at the finished product to have the "original" sources mentioned as well.
  • This resource is best thing since sliced bread. See original post. Worthy of a bump.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw