Office Antiphon Ecce ego vobiscum
  • I'm searching for the mode I Office Antiphon Ecce ego vobiscum sum omnibus diebus usque ad consummationem sæculi, dicit Dominus (Mt 28, 20).

According to its index, this antiphon should be in the 2007 Antiphonale Monasticum III on page 343, but in its place the antiphon Ecce ego mitto is printed.

Another source for this antiphon is the 10-page Supplementum ad Antiphonale Romanum (Tournai, Desclée, 1924) [fasciculus alligatus ad AR (et LU); continet officium in festo Eucharistici Cordis Iesu], p. 10.

There is a mode III Communion Antiphon with the same text:

But I suspect there is a different antiphon for the Divine Office. Does anyone have this Office Antiphon?
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • I found a mode VIII antiphon with this text in the Liber Usualis:

Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • And finally also in square notes, with the help of Frans Kok of Laus Divinina. Frans adds that "the quality of the melody is poor and is therefore in need of restoration before it can be used in practice."

• Simon
    There is a sixth mode in Hartker (page 228 a.m.) and Lucca (p. 222) but the text is shortened: Ecce ego vobiscum sum, alleluia, omnibus diebus alleluia. Couldn't find a first mode. Have you checked the CAO?
  • Yes, I did. Though the shorter text you mention is there (CAO 2513), the longer text is not. I suspect the antiphon might be a neo-gregorian composition, added to the Antiphonale Romanum only in 1924. I would appreciate if someone could elucidate the origins of this antiphon.

With regard to the mode, I think I was mislead by the typo in the index of the 2007 Antiphonale Monasticum, which has the incipit of the printed antiphon wrong.
  • Simon
    I think it is a neo-gregorian piece then - and not wanting of restoration.