OT: organic hops
  • My farm has produced way more hops than I or anyone I know can use this year (but not enough to attempt to sell them commerically). Fresh hops free to a good home; reimburse me for postage if you can.

Used in beer brewing, unique fragrance and flavor; these hops have never known pesticides, herbicides, or untuned consonances.

William
  • jpal
    I vote that you change your username to mrhopper!
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    or untuned consonances.

• Thought the post title was something to do with the organic development of liturgy during Ordinary Time. When it was really about beer.....
    One can be too immersed in one's subject.
    Thanked by 3Kathy jpal mrcopper
  • GavinGavin
    What kind of hops?
  • Gavin, if you're asking about varieties, I have Cascade, Fuggle, Perle, Brewer's Gold, and Willamette. Cascade is the most prolific.
  • BruceL
    If I knew how to homebrew, I would make a delicious Pacific Northwest IPA with those Cascade ones. I think this is my all-time favorite thread on the board!
    Thanked by 1mrcopper
  • SalieriSalieri
    Cascade, Fuggle, Perle, Brewer's Gold

Sounds like the titles of Ragtime numbers. (The first one, of course, is.)
  • btw, OT from the OT: jpal suggests I be mrhopper, but that's a friend. we sang a prelude to one of my symphonies once (which was based on some folk songs): Hopper and Copper. Couldn't decide whether we should be billed as "Hopper & Copper", "Copper & Hopper" or just "Chopper"!