Bass section leader in suburban Pittsburgh
  • St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish in Carnegie, Pennsylvania is currently seeking a bass section leader for its Parish Choir (volunteer adults). The section leader is also expected to sing with the parish’s professional Schola Cantorum (approximately once per month). Parish Choir repertoire is drawn from the breadth of the Catholic-Christian tradition; the Schola Cantorum focuses on Gregorian chant and polyphony. The successful candidate ought to possess the following:

• Availability for weekly rehearsals (Thursdays, 7:00-9:00 PM), as well as one Mass per weekend (normally 11:30 AM on Sunday), from September through May, dependent upon the Church calendar, including Christmas and Holy Week
    • Availability for additional sung Masses as dictated by the Church calendar
    • Excellent sight-reading skills
    • A strong, clear vocal tone
    • The ability to adapt to various styles and epochs of music (i.e. “straight tone” singing for early music)
    • A professional attitude and demeanor.
    • Familiarity with Gregorian chant, polyphony, and Latin diction

Competitive stipend. Opportunities for additional income, i.e. weddings, may be available. Carnegie is easily accessible from I-376, I-79, and by Pittsburgh Port Authority Transit. Interested parties should contact the Director of Music, Nicholas J. Will, at 412-276-1011 x 219, or music@seascarnegie.org for more information or to schedule an audition and interview.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions