Missing PDFs?
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Maybe I'm just overlooking it, but there used to be a PDF on this site of all the alleluias from the Graduale Simplex with a corresponding tone for the verse. Before moving offices/computers I tried backing up my files to Google Drive, but apparently I didn't save everything.
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Found it.
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Now, what about that cheat sheet of office psalm tones from the LU? Yes, I can download the whole Liber, but there was a nice clean PDF of all the tones. I was too rushed to archive properly.
  • I'd be interested in both PDFs.
  • BenBen
    This? Can't remember where I found it on musicasacra, but here it is in my sacred music dropbox folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3fg3s36jrynrdm/neumes-office-tones.pdf
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • Thanks, Ben. (I'm working on your BFW PDFs.)
  • Jeff, did you find the PDF of the alleluias of the Graduale Simplex?
  • smvanroodesmvanroode
    Alleluias of the Graduale Simplex: do you mean this one: http://media.musicasacra.com/media2/alleluias-simplex.pdf
    Thanked by 1Earl_Grey
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Yes, that is what I was looking for (both). I did find the link for the Alleluias on MS, thanks to smvanroode for posting a direct link. And Ben, I know I downloaded that same PDF from this website some time ago, but I can't find it now. If it is missing, perhaps it can be re-posted?

Can I get a copy of those BFW PDFs too? Would be very handy for daily worship aids. Once I establish a rhythm here, I may start composing some simple modal antiphons for the Missal antiphons for weekday Masses. All in due time. Other suggestions for daily Mass propers are most welcome.

Does anyone know of a complete English text translation of the Graduale? Similar to the Gregorian Missal, but that would have all the texts translated (at least for the Entrance/Offertory/Communion) in English, perhaps in a spreadsheet form?

I'm thinking in terms of providing translations (copy/paste) in a worship aid for when the Gradual chants are sung in Latin rather than relying on Google translator and the like. It would also be useful for selecting suitable alternatives (hymns or other psalm settings) for those of us not fluent in Latin.
  • @Earl_Grey, this PDF has translations of the Introit, Offertory, and Communion antiphons (but not the Gradual, Alleluia, or Tract).
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Wunderbar!