Braille Catholic Music Center
  • Friends,

As Teresa and I begin to build this we encourage you to send people to us who can use and are in need of materials in Braille.

We also encourage anyone who is sighted with time on their hands and an interest in this to contact us as well - an ability to use Finale, type verses in any kind of word processing program as well as PC knowledge and a desire to use LIME....which prepares XML files for translation into Braille would be helpful.

And, if you have need of music in Braille, let us know and we will try to help.

Also, it is important to know that an iPad (and other devices) can blow up PDF pages so that a person with partial sight can study and sing/play music from there....

Contact me, please:

noel@frogmusic.com
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    This sounds like an excellent collaborative. I'll do what I can, both as a Finale engraver and from my CPDL connections.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Have you been in touch with the Printing House for the Blind in Louisville? They are very interested in these kind of projects. I have contacts there if you wish.
  • BruceL
    BUMP

I have just had a fellow audition for me who cannot see. He has the usual assistance devices on computer/phone/etc., and rusty Braille skills, but is going to give things a go! This is in a chant schola that rehearses weekly, sings monthly, and basically just does Gregorian IN/OF/COM. So, chant-wise nothing to exotic. What's the status of this...if anything? I know nothing about this sort of thing, so I'm anxious to see where things are. Thank you!