Dr. McMahon to retire, a new President for NPM?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I could swear that I heard AWR in one of the webstreams say "...the outgoing President, Dr. Michael McMahon of NPM" or somesuch.
    Now, keeping it real, if NPM wants to have a ghost of a chance of moving forward, they'd better start begging Mike Joncas to succeed McMahon. Let loose with your arrows of the night if you will towards that proposal, but he is only NPM figurehead that has the clout, the academic and artistic chops and the right temperament to guide them to relevancy again. AWR and Rita, un uh. Tucker's managing every other enterprise on the planet. Inwood may be free lancing now, but....well....nuff said.
    Or, if they want things done right the first time, AOZ.
    Now, the nominations are officially open.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    I would put money on Steven Janco.

Not my wish, but my bet.
    Thanked by 1Mark Husey
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I hear Benedict has a lot more free time these days...
  • Confirmed. It was announced even prior to the convention that Dr. McMahon is stepping down.

I believe the elections are already underway, if not finished.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Andrew, do you have a candidate's list?
  • Sister Kane?
    Fr. Zuhlsdorf?
    Michael Voris?
    Archbishop (ret.) Rembert Weakland?
  • chonakchonak
    Y'know, Archabbot Weakland was the first president of CMAA. Until the rest of the group found out that he favored hootenanny Masses, and promptly replaced him with chant maven Ted Marier.
  • Actually, looking through my info, I was mistaken. They are currently conducting a search, but there is no election. I must be mis-remembering the DMMD officers' election or something.
  • PaixGioiaAmorPaixGioiaAmor
    Yeah, I'm not sure that this is a democratically elected position. NPM is a 501 (c) 3, and I BELIEVE, although I could be wrong, that their president is chosen by the board.
  • chonakchonak
    Oh, good: there's still time to get the fix in for Mary Jane!
    Thanked by 2Kathy CHGiffen
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I don't know if he'd have the time

Paul Ford
    Thanked by 1Spriggo