Interesting statistic -- CMAA vs. NPM websites
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/Npm.org
    http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/Musicasacra.com

CMAA's site receives 2,927 visitors daily vs. NPM's 2,411. Check out the other statistics at the above URLs.
    Thanked by 1marajoy
  • chonakchonak
    What's their info source?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    NPM's value is in their membership, print publications, and conferences.

CMAA has a decidedly online-value orientation.

The stats aren't evidence of one or the other's comparative reach and influence.
    But I do think it is HIGHLY INDICATIVE of each organization's relative hipness.

(Maybe "Hip, not hippie" could be a new unofficial slogan...)
  • DougS
    Also the fact that the forum here is much more robust than any one area of the NPM website.
  • chonakchonak
    Seriously, those figures are higher than reality, and probably not very meaningful. I suspect that they come from alexa.com, which counts traffic viewed by users with a toolbar installed on their browser -- which has to be an unrepresentative sample.

Our figures from sitemeter (which probably anyone can view) aren't that high. The raw numbers from our web server logs are close to their figure, but also include traffic from web crawlers reading our site: that's not real readership.

Also, it's not clear which sites are included, as our traffic is spread over several host names:

musicasacra.com
    forum.musicasacra.com
    media.musicasacra.com

and that doesn't include www.chantcafe.com, let alone www.newliturgicalmovement.org.

For advertising purposes, I expect we will start using data from Google Analytics, although it probably undercounts as does sitemeter.

• Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I'm often guilty of logging in more than once a day and I suspect I'm not the only one. ;)
    Thanked by 3Ben Gavin Paul F. Ford
  • irishtenoririshtenor
    Haha, E_G, I'm right there with you! Definitely addicted :)
    Thanked by 2Ben Mark Husey
  • BenBen
    Random tangent: Google Analytics is amazing.
    Thanked by 1francis
  • BenBen
    Yes, I log in frequently to.... so much to learn.
  • francis
    Yea, we are all happily stuck with each other, I must admit. I don't go anywhere else really, except for maybe a peek once in a while at CC or CCW, and very rarely, PTB. But this forum absolutely rocks... especially with the likes of Adam, Gavin and Melo, what more could you want!
    Thanked by 2Gavin Adam Wood
  • CharlesW
    Here, and the Byzantine Forum are my biggies. The rest of the things I look at are mostly news and weather sites.
  • Mark HuseyMark Husey
    I fear it, yet I crave it.