Director of Music Position - St. Thomas Aquinas Parish, Camas, Wa.
  • The Parish of St. Thomas Aquinas in Camas, Wa. is seeking to hire a new part-time Director of Music.

Job description: Director of Music coordinates the further development and implementation of the music program in the parish. Directs the parish choir, schola, and children's choir, Vox Clara. Recruits, trains, and supports cantors and choir/schola in both the musical and spiritual aspects of this ministry. Is responsible for scheduling rehearsals and assuring accompanists and music are available for all masses and other liturgical services.

Requirements: must have at least a BA in music performance or music education, strong vocal skills, choral directing experience, good organizational skills, knowledge of the musical tradition of the Church and the historical teaching and expectation from our Church Fathers regarding what is sacred music for the Liturgy. Pay is negotiable and commensurable. 20 hours per week with some flexibility. Benefits option available.

About the Parish: St. Thomas Aquinas Church is a parish dedicated to serving God and its parishioners by providing the sacraments, beautiful liturgy, and faith formation, facilitating personal growth in holiness, and in striving to spread God's word to others.

(Note from the current director: Although I was hired as Director of Music only a year ago and have truly had such an enriching and fulfilling experience here at this job and in this wonderful parish, God has been calling me to serve Him in the Church in a different way, which is why I will be resigning at the end of summer and leaving to begin my postulancy and formation in a religious order of sisters, The Society of Mary.)
  • chonakchonak
    Welcome, Harpfingers36; thank you for posting the job notice. I am closing it to comments as is our custom.
    --forum admin
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions