Anglican Chant index
  • tonmeijer
    Some time ago I started compiling an index of Anglican Chants ... not realizing how many there are. Anyway, I have set up a website to share the information with those who are interested. The work is by far not finished and I will continue to work on it: to include more chantbooks and to add more midi files.

The link is www.anglicanchant.nl (sorry, the .uk extension, although not in use, was not available...)

Comments on the site will be highly appreciated. Suggestions are very welcome.

Ton Meijer

Thanked by 1noel jones, aago
  • MarkThompson
    I got a 404 no matter which chant I tried to look at.
  • tonmeijer
    Mark, this seems like a very unfortunate coincidence: the provider did massive maintenance yesterday night and the site has been on and off since.... :-(((
    Please keep trying. I went to this provider because of the excellent performance reviews they had, so it should (?) be resolved soon
  • tonmeijer
    Just to let you know: the website appears to be doing OK again. This was really a Murphy-case: they had to move all equipment overnight friday-saterday because of bankrupcy of the lessor of the physical space. In addition they suffered a DDoS attack saterday morning. All should be OK now.
  • This is cool--thank you! I found a chant we've been using from a handwritten mimeograph that I had not been able to track down before. (Yes, the fact that I know what a mimeograph is dates me.)
  • tonmeijer
    Thank you Patricia! Glad the site has already helped someone. Are you willing to share which chant it is? Just being curious :-)

(yes I used the mimeo a lot in the past... puts us in the same era? This index project is post-retirement. I am hoping it may eventually result in a thesis)