Extraordinary Form Sacred Music Director Wanted - Ventura, CA, July 2013
  • carljn
    Seeking a talented musician to donate his or her time as a director for a well established EF choir in Ventura, CA. Stipend anticipated for leadership position within a year.

Time requirements - One rehearsal per week (2.5 hours), one Mass per Sunday with rehearsal prior (~3 hours, mostly High Masses)

Skill requirements - Good familiarity with sacred polyphony and the order of the Mass according to the 1962 Missal. Chant experience preferred but not required (good depth of knowledge and leadership exists in the schola), keyboard skills preferred but not required. No AGO, other certification, or formal music degree required.

I am set to move by job transfer in August and am looking for someone to take my place after three exceptionally rewarding years of directorship. This is an absolutely wonderful choir of around 12 people that is capable of signing Byrd, Tallis, Palestrina, ordinaries from the Kyriale, and all the authentic Gregorian Propers.

Interested? Please email me at carljn@gmail.com or drop me a line at 412-915-9556

Thanks!
    Carl Neimeyer
  • gregpgregp
    Having worked with this group before, I highly recommend this position for anyone who is interested. They have a wonderful situation with church, priests, and location going for them.
  • A prospective director is being asked to donate his or her time, for up to a year, is that correct?
  • carljn
    No. This would be a permanent position, volunteer at first. We are anticipating getting a stipend for the director and organist sometime in the next 12 months.
  • Kathy
    A prospective director is being asked to donate his or her time, for up to a year, is that correct?

No. This would be a permanent position, volunteer at first. We are anticipating getting a stipend for the director and organist sometime in the next 12 months.

Those sound like the same thing.
  • carljn
    I'm speaking English good today ;-)
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    The first post seemed clear enough, but the answer "no" to Kathy's incredulous question muddies things somewhat. Are we supposed to understand that the stipend anticipated within a year would be retroactive if it does indeed come through?
  • carljn
    Let me see if I can actually be clear: I have been doing this position as a volunteer for the past three years (as had my three predecessors.) We just moved the Mass to a larger and more stable Parish that is a more cetralized location with better acoustics. We are anticipating that sometime in the next 12 months, the organist and director will begin recieving stipends for their work, not retroactive to the start date.
    Thanked by 1Kathy
  • I'm not looking for an directorial position. If I were offered the post, I would seriously consider it ,...... I would --- but I would need some other, additional income, so I could support my family.

This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions