System downtime planned (and completed)
  • chonakchonak
    The CMAA website and forum will be down for planned maintenance Friday evening at midnight Eastern time.
    The outage will last 30-60 minutes.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    30 to 60 minutes without CMMA, on a Friday night at 11pm in my time zone?!

OMG! The Reform of the Reform is OVER! Pope Francis and his anti-liturgy agenda have won!
  • CharlesW
    Circle the traditionalists! We are under attack!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Thanked by 1irishtenor
  • chonakchonak
    What next, the Three Days of Darkness?
  • The modernists have won.
  • The outage will last 30-60 minutes.

You misspelled "outrage."
  • chonakchonak
    Speaking of that: OK, I admit it: the new page design will have a guitar motif, with a fretboard running along one edge. And a background picture of a big congregation holding hands across the aisle.
  • CharlesW
    Perhaps when the new page loads, a few notes from the Frankenstein song could play - you know, "We are many parts...."
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    since there won't be anything else to do at midnight, might I suggest a novena ?
  • No national anthem to close off programming for the evening? lol
  • chonakchonak
    On the way down....
  • chonakchonak
    ...and back. All done.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • TCJ
    I would like to file a formal complaint. You overestimated the downtime length, thus causing an unjustified forum-wide panic. I am now going to start a class action lawsuit versus CMAA for the unnecessary stress and emotional pain.

Note, for proof, that the time period between the announcement of the downtime and the following announcement that everything was back up was only eighteen (18) minutes, a significantly smaller span of time than first announced, which was 30 to 60 minutes.

You will be hearing from my lawyer shortly. If anyone else wishes to take part of this class action suit and possibly earn a few cents settlement, please contact the law offices of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe at 1-800-SUE-CMAA.
  • CharlesW
    I hear CMAA has deep pockets.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Surely the blame for this originates with the prognostications of the CMAA statistician Marge Ginovera.
    Thanked by 1CharlesW