The Mass of St. Francis-Laura Lea Duckworth
  • kevinfkevinf
    At the request of some, I have posted a portion of the mass setting that is available in the Archdiocese of Louisville (US). At a gathering by the Archdiocese to look at mass settings for the archdiocese, this setting was made available to us. Frankly, it stood head and shoulders above the rest of the choices.

I asked the composer to allow me to post a portion. She has since made it available through International Liturgy Publications (I was stunned to hear this news). Apparently this publisher is changing his interests. Happy news that he has made this available.

This setting is a very fine Anglican choral style settings. The gloria is a through-composed and all parts of the setting are in SATB.

This setting has served me well in the past year and half I have been where I am. The SATB parts are lovely and the congregation sings it with gusto.

You may find the rest of the mass at:
    http://www.ilpmusic.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=22cc38c735b34c78c87dc728286b6381&Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=VA&Category_Code=SAHMassSF

Happy to pass along a gem in my opinion. Laura Lea is a wonderful musician and works in Louisville at St. Francis Church.

The Sanctus is posted. The rest can be found at the ILP site.
    Thanked by 1Heath
  • Heath
    Bumping this thread, as Kevin is spot on: this is a fine setting indeed! It's at the top of my list to be introduced in the Fall.