Questions about the Colloquium - 2013
  • tomboysuzetomboysuze
    For me, going to Colloquium will take a lot of preparation as I have an adult child with disabilities....and I also hate to fly. I'm hoping to stay for five days. So, any suggestions on whether to go at the beginning and leave early -Mon. - Fri. - or come late and do Wed. - Sun. ? I'd like to sing as much polyphony as possibly, get a refresher/more instruction on chironomy and some instruction on advanced conducting techniques....AND, of course, spend some time in fellowship with my "people". I'm going over schedules as they appear, but as I've never been before, I'm a bit overwhelmed.
    Thanks very much for any suggestions.
  • chonakchonak
    It would probably be best to come from the beginning and choose a choir that will sing its main works at Mass before Sunday. Participants who need to be back in their parishes for Sunday often do this.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • rollingrj
    Lots of attendees do the Monday through Friday schedule, as they may have liturgical duties that weekend. Pick a polyphonic piece that will be sung during that time. While you may have an idea of what classroom sessions you wish to attend, it might be helpful to wait until the final itinerary is set. While it seems there will be much to do, see, and sing, there will be plenty of time for fellowship.
    Thanked by 1tomboysuze
  • tomboysuzetomboysuze
    Thanks, chonak and rollingrj...that is very helpful.
  • Jani
    Looking forward to the colloquium and to meeting some of you :)