Palm Sunday : As The Lord Entered The Holy City
  • Andrew_Malton
    At the actual entrance on Palm Sunday, or during the solemn procession, "the responsory As The Lord Entered or another appropriate chant is sung". It seems that this point in the rite must be marked by a particular chant, different from All Glory, Laud, and Honor or whatever is being sung during the procession.

Please, who does what at this point? Does everyone either ignore it or sing Ingrédiente Dómino from the Gradual?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    The Ingrédiente Dómino is certainly appropriate, as it is the Latin form of the responsory. This should be begun as the Procession enters the church, i.e. as the celebrant goes through the door.
    Thanked by 1Andrew_Malton
  • Andrew_Malton
    Yes, it is appropriate, and it is ordered by the Missal rubric together with its text, and appears in the Gradual: all present and correct.

However, a) the rubric has vel alius aptus as usual, and b) I've never been at this Mass when this moment was observed in any way.

Hence my question: what all do you do in your practice in your parishes?
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • gregpgregp
    We have the blessing and distribution of the palms outdoors, at which the schola sings the usual "Hosanna Filio David", "Pueri Hebraeorum", and then we have a short outdoor procession, during which usually only one verse of "Gloria Laus et Honor" is sung. At the knocking at the door, we sing "Ingrediente Domino".